Red Oak Sourcing is a 50/50 joint venture between two Fortune 20 companies, Cardinal Health and CVS Health. Red Oak has sole responsibility for generic pharmaceutical sourcing for Cardinal Health and CVS Healths retail division and pharmacy benefit manager – representing 85% of the pharmaceutical product volume of the two companies. Red Oak is one of the largest generic sourcing entities in the U.S., the worlds largest generic drug market.
The Senior Network & Security Analyst is responsible for supporting all aspects of Red Oaks network operations and security operations, including its interactions with CVS Health & Cardinal Health IT groups. The person in this role will be expected to:
– Demonstrates thorough understanding of networking concepts and systems including Routing and Switching, WAN/LAN, Cisco & HP network devices, VOIP, WLANs.
– Maintains existing network environments through proactive monitoring and problem resolution
– Maintain proper documentation including configuration specifics and procedures, for implementation and ongoing operation/maintenance of infrastructure solutions.
– Monitor network, systems, and logs to ensure availability to all systems
– Manage and install new hardware and software and recommend future enhancements
– Works closely with business to understand systems/application/network/desktop requirements
– Support and maintenance and documentation of network and security applications
– Identify business process improvement opportunities and recommend solutions
– Lead assigned projects, including working with stakeholders to define projects, develop and document plans and complete project
– Assist with implementation of new security technologies as required to support a dynamic/challenging business environment
– Assist security manager to ensure Red Oaks security posture exceeds all industry standards and benchmarks
– Assist with planning, implementing, monitoring, and troubleshooting internal information technology security policies, application security, access control, and corporate data safeguards
– Assist in investigation of security incidents and recommend enhancements to improve security
– Participate in on-site network and security audits to demonstrate effective network security controls
– Participate in infrastructure and security incident management processes to derive root cause and post-action reports
– Assist with software license management, antivirus deployment and monitoring
– Configuring, upgrading and maintaining devices to the latest code releases and performance improvements
– Act as a point of escalation for support related issues on an as-needed basis
– Interact with IT teams from both CVS Health & Cardinal Health
– Assist IT team to ensure IT infrastructure is efficient, cost effective and capable of meeting all current and future business needs
– Facilitate the transfer of information between peers to create a team-oriented environment
– Bachelor Degree in related field or equivalent work experience in a highly regulated environment (e.g. Life Sciences, Financial Services, Government/Military) due to complexity of security and regulatory requirements
– 5+ years of experience with network architecture and engineering – including complex network design, hands-on implementation/configuration of LAN/WAN networking devices and operational support.
– Appropriate network and security industry certifications (e.g. CISSP, CCNA, Network +, Security + or other applicable certifications)
– Strong experience working in security operations center and/or network operations center environment
– Detailed knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP-addressing, routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, MPLS, etc.), and transport protocols (UDP and TCP)
– Possesses knowledge of telecom technologies, hardware, software and telephony connectivity (Cisco UCM PBX experience preferred)
– Proficient knowledge and experience with cloud-based solutions, infrastructure hosting services, and security best practices
– Strong problem solving, project management and analytical skills; general understanding and working knowledge of business analytics tools
– Strong collaboration, communication and people management skills
– MCSA/MCSE a plus
– Linux experience a plus
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.