Shell Energy Europe are looking for a talented ITdeliverylead to join our European Power Team within the Trading division. The ProductManager role is a key leadership role in the ITdelivery team, responsible for setting direction and managing teams to create world-class softwaresolutions.
Where you fit in
The ‘European Power’ team in Shell Energy Europe is a rapidly expanding team setup in 2018 to help the business grow and expand PowerTradingandRenewablePowerGeneration. The European Powerbusiness’s core focus is the tradingand optimisation of electricity within Europe.
Based in London, as the coretradinghub for Power in Europe in Shell, the team supports the sourcing, real-timedata connections and industry reconciliation of renewablepower. The team enables the short-termtrading of Power generated from Shell owned assetsand from PowerPurchase Agreements.
Our growth ambitions mean that a scaling up of capabilities to manage renewablepowergenerationand trade in the fast-paced, highly automated intraday markets is required. This scale-up is to support the business is alongside enhancing and building on existing solutions for tradingand market data.
Whats the role?
You will be the ITLead responsible for managing the PowerGeneration & Origination teams within the ‘European Power’ IT Team, working closely with the Business Owners throughout the ITsolutionlifecycle. The role requires frequent communication with the General Manager for European Powerand engagement with senior stakeholders in Shells global integrated Powersolutions.
The ITsolution is defined by the actual capabilities that drive business outcomes to attract and sell renewablepower deals and trade renewablepower. The solutions are mainly in-house, Shell built solutions, that represent competitive advantage to the tradingand origination teams.
In addition, you will be responsible in working with internal IT skill pool leads to secure a team with the right skills and capacity to deliverITsolutions. You will also define andlead the ways of working and culture of how the team will deliver.
Your further responsibility includes:
- Partnering with the Business Owner to co-create solution vision, roadmap, scope and prioritize backlog, customer needs, research, maturity of IT Solution, dependencies etc.
- Own fullITSolutionlifecycle including discovery, agiledeliveryandoperations.
- Serve as a thought leader to the Business Owner on the art of the possible and establishing (and maintaining) ITSolution roadmap, applying designthinking, Agiledeliveryanddevops where relevant.
- E2E responsible for the ITSolutionand act as escalation point for operational anddelivery issues
- Maintain an Information & Data strategy for the ITSolution working closely with relevant Chief Data Officer
- Managing the supplier relationships related to the solutionand inputs into the Roadmap
- Progress opportunities, seeking the right resources needed to deliver the roadmap
What we need from you?
Were keen to hear from individuals who have proven Knowledge in PowerTradingandRenewablePowerGeneration. Beyond that, wed hope to see as many of the following as possible on your CV:
- Extensive knowledge of European powernetworksandtrading exchanges.
- Experience working with real-timepowergenerationsolutions & associateddataflows.
- Strong ITmanagement, business partnering, forming relationships, stakeholder management, analysisand problem-solving skills, good communication and leadership skills
- Proven track record of managing ITSolutiondevelopment through entirelifecycle, with preference of designthinking, agiledeliveryanddevops experiences
- Working understanding of settlementsandaccountingassociated to renewablegeneration.
- Working understanding of how Riskand P&L is captured and represented for assets including interfacing with the ETRM.
- Strong focus on collaboration, team building, andcustomerservice
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative oil andgas company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UKs growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
An innovative place to work
Theres never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and youll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract anddevelop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways were nurturing an inclusive environment one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential
- Were creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and well take it from there.
- Were closing the gender gap whether thats through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering andtechnology.
- Were striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
Were huge advocates for career development. Well encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
To apply for this job please visit vonq.io.