IT Program Manager IV Chesterbrook, Pennsylvania – United States
Job Start Date – 04/23/18, Posted Date – 06/06/18 Primary SkillsN/ATax
TermsN/AOverviewJOB TITLE Sr. Program Manager
– 1. Leads cross functional project teams by developing work plans
within guidelines and monitoring progress on project milestones.
– 2. Understands program/project roadmap and key milestones regarding
criticality, downstream impact if dates are missed and determines
– 3. Coordinates the planning, management and execution of multiple
related projects that are directed toward the same strategic
– 4. Is familiar with and monitors all major project activities and
escalates as appropriate.
– 5. Records and monitors program/project actual costs vs.
– 6. Responsible for proactively identifying variances to plan and
developing appropriate mitigation plans.
– 7. Partners with departmental leadership and key stakeholders to
develop appropriate mitigation actions based on the program
– 8. Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing
– 9. Drives new or changed tools and processes to move the department
– 10. Able to influence decisions through effective communication
– 11. Interacts with program sponsors, stakeholders and various
project members to ensure that specified business needs are met.
– 12. Understands how program decisions impact key business metrics
and the enterprise strategy.
– 13. Builds consensus among multiple project teams relative to
project scope, task execution, staffing and issue resolution.
– 14. Able to provide clear and reliable communications to internal
teams, program stakeholders, external vendors, and customers.
– 15. Able to use multiple media formats to effectively convey complex
information and ideas.
– 16. Defines and understands the objectives and the scope of the
program and is able to translate customer expectations and
– 17. Shows ability to learn new tools and processes.
– 18. Shows flexibility in changing approach when needed.
– 19. Ensures the integration of multiple projects.
– 20. Challenges estimates where appropriate.
– 21. Ensures the quality and integrity of program work products.
– 22. Has the ability to manage resources toward common goals.
– 23. Facilitates change through leadership.
– 24. Motivates others through setting priorities and objectives.
– 25. Drives change through all layers of the department.
– 26. Brings creative ideas to the workplace and engages in effective
– 27. Has good judgment regarding which creative ideas and suggestions
can improve our business and implements identified solutions
– 28. Defines and develops departmental level project/program policies
processes, standards, governance, and metrics.
– 29. Makes recommendations for improving efficiency, product delivery
and expense reduction in programs.
– 30. Implements industry best practices and standards where
– Essential 7 to 10+ years of IT work experience, including 7 or more
years managing projects and at least 3 years of leadership experience.
– Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business
Administration, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
– Project Management certification or successful completion of a
recognized project management curriculum is required Preferred
Controls a program level view and status and uses the information in
Clarity/Open Workbench to communicate on multiple projects and
programs at a time.
– 2. Able to use Clarity/Open Workbench tool to determine how the
intersection of multiple projects and programs impacts the department.
– 3. Able to use the Clarity/Open Workbench tool develop departmental
– 4. Able to model different mitigation plans in the Clarity/Open
Workbench tool and make and recommendations.
– 5. Able to extract the information from the Clarity/Open Workbench
tool to analyze intersecting projects and departmental level
– 6. When needed, utilizes the information in MS Project as part of a
tool kit that communicates status based on the needs of the project or
– 7. Can use MS Outlook to schedule meetings with internal and
external resources in multiple locations.
– 8. When needed, utilizes the information in MS Excel as part of a
tool kit that communicates departmental information based on the needs
of the project or program.
– 9. Within MS Excel works with multiple worksheets, filters data,
functions, pivot tables.
– 10. Able to create presentations in MS PowerPoint presenting complex
ideas in a way that is easily understood by the department.
– 11. Able to create documents in MS Word presenting complex ideas in
a way that is easily understood by the department.
– 12. When needed, utilizes the information in MS Visio as part of a
tool kit that communicates departmental level information based on the
needs of the project or program.
– 13. Able to create diagrams in MS Visio presenting complex ideas in
a way that is easily understood by the department.
REQUIRED SKILL SET:
Ability to lead cross functional project teams by developing work
plans within guidelines and monitoring progress on project milestones
Ability to assess and raise risks/issues and escalate to senior
management when appropriate
Ability to proactively identifying variances to plan and developing
appropriate mitigation plans
Ability to create and monitor program/project actual costs vs.
program/project budget to ensure on budget delivery
Ability to participate in technical design discussion and to review
technical documents to ensure that all cross program dependencies are
identified and accounted for with the schedule/budget
Ability to create all quality documents in support of ABC’s Standard
Ability to create and collect metrics data and conduct project
audits for timely and accurate status reporting
Ability to create project plans and keep track of schedule for on
time delivery as per the defined quality standards
Able to influence decisions through effective communication methods
Interacts with program sponsors, stakeholders and various project
members to ensure that specified business needs are met
PREFERRED SKILL SET:
Agile (SAFe) working experience
CA PPM/Clarity Tool Experience
JIRA Tool Experience
* Job CodeSG – 11978
* Pay Rate/SalaryN/A
* Work AuthorizationN/A
* Sales ManagerN/A
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.