Flynn Group of Companies is the leading trade contractor in North America that works on virtually every aspect of a building’s outer layer, including Roofing, Glazing, Waterproofing, and Architectural Metals. The foundation of our award winning success is having the right people on our team.
We are also highly active and committed to creating an environment which is accessible to all of our customers, employees and applicants. Reasonable accommodations in the hiring process will be provided to people with disabilities upon request.
At Flynn, it's not just a job, it's a career
Reporting to the Manager, Business Analysis & Project Management, we’re looking for someone to manage complex projects with multiple stakeholders. These projects will typically be implementation of new software, upgrade of existing software, onboarding of new entities because of M&A activity and rolling out infrastructure solutions.
Day In The Life
- Project Portfolio Management
- Be part of the first gate to the IT Project Intake – review all intake requests, vet requests for completion, set up initial reviews with internal IT teams, follow up with IT teams for level of effort and benchmarking solutions, put together deck/proposal once they’ve gathered all the info for review
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion
- Manage the overall planning, execution, and delivery of several concurrent projects
- Conduct project reviews and lessons learned sessions
- Assess project health using formal PM and statistical methods / measures
- Fully understand the business and IT objectives associated with potential and assigned projects and potential impacts on other applications and processes
- Project Management
- Capture the definition and approval of project scope, deliverables, desired quality and measures of success
- Facilitate timely and effective communication within the project team and between the project team and their stakeholders. Enforce project adherence to internal quality standards, processes, tools, and documentation
- Actively support business analysis activities to ensure projects and technical solutions meet business objectives
- Develop schedules, identify and maintain critical path, critical chain, key milestones and quantify slack
- Develop and manage detailed work plans (often with many interrelated paths), project schedules, estimates and resource plans in conjunction with project team members and other involved business and IT teams
- Plan and manage project resources
- Define and track project milestones while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall integrated project plan
- Own Risk Management, being the single point of contact for all project related issues and risks. Coordinate the development and approval of corrective action and/or contingency plans.
- Track and manage project issues through to successful resolutions.
- Manage stakeholders to ensure expectations are clearly defined and met.
- Develop, track, and manage project budgets and schedules
- Lead and enable cross-functional teams to deliver on their assigned work, coach, and mentor and manage project team
- Own the Project Change Management (pCAB) process – vetting requests, improvements to the process, ensuring all relevant information is provided prior to our Project Change Advisory Board (pCAB) meetings and approving changes
What We Are Seeking
- Minimum of five (5) years' related experience in IT project management
- Proven experience leading multi-discipline projects
- Prior experience managing mid-scale implementation and ongoing maintenance projects of ERP, HRIS, Time & Attendance, Payroll, or similar enterprise systems
- Experience in defect tracking tools (such as JIRA), content management tools (such as Confluence), project management and time tracking tools
- Strong knowledge of/experience in Agile practices (i.e. Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience applying PM lifecycle to SDLC processes
- Experience with multiple, industry standard, structured, and agile methodologies
- Ability to understand complex architectural, networking and software issues
- Prior experience in IT business analysis an asset
- Prior experience in IT service delivery an asset
- Prior experience in Agile and ITIL an asset
- PMP or similar certification an asset
What We Offer
- Free Parking
- Subsidized in-house cafeteria and gym
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Health Benefits & RRSP matching program
- On-going career development programs through our in-house Flynn University and eLearning courses, and several external eLearning sites
- We’re a growing team of collaborative individuals working together to solve hard problems and deliver consistent, scalable IT solutions. Everyone wears many different hats and works on several projects.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.