IT Security Engineer
Req No. 2018-3306
Location : Location US-WA-Spokane
Category Information Technology
Clearwater Paper manufactures quality consumer tissue, away-from-home tissue, hard roll tissue, bleached paperboard and pulp at manufacturing facilities across the nation. The Company is a premier supplier of private label tissue to major retailers and wholesale distributors, including grocery, drug, mass merchants and discount stores. In addition, the Company produces bleached paperboard used by quality-conscious printers and packaging converters. Clearwater Paper’s employees build shareholder value by developing strong customer partnerships through quality and service.
At Clearwater Paper, we have made it a priority to build a clearly defined workplace culture that is consistent companywide. Key aspects of our culture include:
– Clear Values. We embrace and practice integrity, openness and candor; environmental responsibility; a commitment to quality; and a focus on customers.
– Continuous improvement. We believe there are always opportunities to raise the bar and get better. We engage our employees in improving both the business and their performance.
– Performance driven. We are focused on winning together and on delivering results.
Our customers’ success and our success requires everyone to do their part, whether we are finding new ways to be profitable or reducing our environmental footprint. If you are looking for teamwork, a sense of purpose, and a leading company that is growing fast, we are looking for you.
Responsible for the daily administrative activities required to support the existing security policies and strategies. Ensures that all security systems are functioning properly and have current maintenance applied. Resolves outstanding alerts from security systems, engaging regional system administrators for issues affecting remote locations. Informs management of key developments and outcomes.
– Promote security awareness across the organization.
– Assist Security Manager in developing training for end users, HR, Legal, and system administrators.
– Provide timely communication on developing situations that impact security.
– Provide periodic reports on security events to management.
– Evaluate security bulletins from software providers such as Adobe and Microsoft and determine applicability for the organization.
– Perform daily administrative duties on security systems to ensure that all systems are operating properly. Duties include log reviews, account maintenance, resolution of pending alerts, preparation of daily reports, maintenance of policies/rules, and the application of updates to the software.
– Inform the Technical Services group of any issues that affect their areas of support and work closely with them to resolve.
– Administer the laptop hard drive encryption process.
– Conduct vulnerability/risk assessments
– Process routine employee termination notifications.
– Maintain the SOX security site for users with elevated rights.
– Coordinate activities required for litigation hold and e-Discovery. This includes activities such as the searching of e-mail for hold requests, coordination of forensic data collection with outside agencies, and interacting with internal groups to ensure that data is properly protected.
– Respond to requests from HR or management for employee Internet and e-mail activity logs.
Required education and related experience:
– Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology preferred
– Minimum three (3) years of work experience in Information Technology working with networks and/or security systems is required.
– Certification from a recognized computer and network security certification organization is a plus.
– Minimum two (2) years of experience in information systems security management or securing computer networks is required.
Skills and Abilities (technical/professional skills, expertise and qualifications):
– Intermediate level knowledge of network security including technologies such as VPN, URL filtering, firewalls, antivirus/antimalware systems.
– Ability to use a computer and basic office software systems, such as Microsoft Office, is required.
– Good communication skills required.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.