WHAT YOU'LL DO
Be part of a team that is transforming BCG into a bionic company! We are in the early stages of building a centralized Business Intelligence & Analytics function that will simplify and automate information delivery—providing advanced insights and analysis to support decision making. To date, the team has launched and operationalized several global scale products and dashboards, enhancing how our leaders engage in information to manage the business. The next wave of digital reporting is underway which will help to unlock further value for BCG’s leadership and functions with best-in-class business intelligence and analytics.
The Data Analyst role will be an integral part of an Agile team focused on delivering best in class business intelligence. This role will be responsible for helping to define, build and implement new analytic and reporting use cases to support decision making for the firm.
Responsibilities would include:
- Determine requirements for business, with focus on the reporting and analytic requirements needed to support senior management decision making across the firm (with a focus on Business Objects and Tableau based dashboards)
- Acting as a functional subject matter expert for partnering to troubleshooting data issues, redesign processes and develop reports
- Refine epics and stories to ensure data engineers have solid requirements to work against.
- Working with key finance stakeholders to gather and document business requirements
- Defining the form, content, and capabilities provided in our BI solution
- Identify key changes and impacts to our existing reporting capabilities and products
- Understanding multiple data sources and putting together practical and viable data model for the analytics reports being prepared.
- Assessing the gaps between the prioritized requirements and the current reporting capabilities. Generating possible solution options and, with the use of an agreed set of design principles, selecting the preferred option to move forward
- Developing training materials and delivering trainings to end-users
YOU'RE GOOD AT
Problem solving and analytical tasks
- Ability to structure hypothesis, build thoughtful analyses, develop underlying data model and bring clarity to previously undefined problems
- Desire and flexibility to work through details with keen attention to accuracy and interdependencies
- Natural curiosity to understand how things work and why, our data, our processes, and our reports. Desire to comprehend root causes when issues arise
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and in an iterative environment
Communication, interpersonal and teaming skills
- Works positively and collaboratively with others and within team; builds strong and lasting relationships
- Working and partnering with remote team members in different time zones
- Adapts style to changing situations and audiences with tact, poise, and patience. Demonstrates persistence to drive change. Contributes to a positive and productive work environment
- Leverages network effectively across functions, offices, regions and/or externally (existing network within BCG will be helpful)
- Experience on data visualization and / or ability to present data analytics in an insightful manner for the leadership will be an added plus
Work Management, organization, and planning
- Must be able to perform successfully in a fast-paced, intellectually intense, service-oriented environment
- Willingness to work on Agile methodology is a must, familiarity will be a plus.
- Strong Organizational skills and process management skills
- Ability to contribute to multiple work streams at once and prioritize efforts accordingly. Demonstrated ability to drive projects to scheduled conclusion
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Information Systems, or Economics. MBA Preferred, but not required
- 5-7+ years of finance and reporting relevant experience; less experience considered for exceptional performers
- Should have a good understanding of Finance and Accounting; experience and understanding of finance for consulting/services organizations preferred.
- Sound analytical and reporting skills combined with excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a global environment with people at all levels, preferably in a professional services organization
- Strong experience with enterprise software and business intelligence solutions required (Business Objects and Tableau required)
- Experience in SQL and other coding languages a plus
YOU'LL WORK WITH
As a member of the Business Intelligence & Analysis Team, you will interact extensively with a diverse range of stakeholders from across the business, both geographically and functionally. This includes, but is not limited to Local, Regional, Global, and Practice Area Finance teams. As well, as part of the overall Business Intelligence and Analysis team coordinating and working with our other core BIA squads will play a large part in this role.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.