Job ID 2018-64457
Program Posting Miramar – Corporate
Regular / Temp Regular Full-Time
Min. Exp.(Yrs) 10
Category Information Technology
Zip Code 33025
Official Job Title IT Service Desk Manager
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
The IT Service Desk Manager is responsible for planning, coordinating, overseeing and management of all technical and operational requirements as they relate to a 24×7, multi-location Service Desk.
* Provide meaningful statistics, track and report trends in call volumes and incidents.
* Monitor ACD reports and proactively adjust staffing levels accordingly.
* Provide weekly reports such as staffing levels, # of calls answered, abandonment rates, # of tickets opened and closed, % of tickets escalated etc.
* Create and maintain Knowledge Management database and report trends and issues weekly to the respective departments.
* Escalate and manage critical issues companywide.
* Coordinate and automate report generation and delivery.
* Implement business continuity procedures for the IT Service Desk staff and coordinate recovery activities.
* Recognize and identify potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed, and make recommendations in these areas.
* Fulfill departmental requirements in terms of providing work coverage and administrative notification during periods of personnel illness, vacation, or education.
* Plan, organize, and administer the activities related to the assigned function
* Oversee the assignment of duties and responsibilities to employees
* Observe and evaluate employees and work procedures to ensure quality standards and service are met
* Mentor, develop and provide on-the-job training to subordinates to strengthen their current performance and preparation for future advancement
* Competitive compensation
* Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
* Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
* Life insurance
* 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
* Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Paid Time Off
* Employee Assistance Program
* Legal Insurance
* Affinity Program
* Minimum ten years’ experience in IT, preferably in an enterprise environment and at least 3 years management experience running a Service Desk
* Project management skills and experience
* Knowledge of the service delivery and service support areas of the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) with specific experience in Incident & Problem Management
* Knowledge of various IT disciplines and the inter-relationships between them
* Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing.
* Excellent analytical and organizational skills
* Ability to work independently with limited supervision
* Ability to work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
* Ability to work with irate users
* Knowledge of policies and practices involved in the human resources function
* Ability to manage staff in an engaging environment maintaining workforce production and development
* Ability to utilize and administer the disciplinary action process through coaching and counseling to improve performance or terminate employment
* Ability to work on various assignments simultaneously
* Strong interpersonal skills within all levels of the organization
* Ability to navigate within automated systems and proficiency in Outlook, Word and Excel
* Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent required.
Certification & Licensure:
* Certified in ITIL foundations is desirable
Special Instructions to Candidates
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.