The role of the IT Software Administrator is to improve the efficiency of the IT Support Team. The IT Software Administrator will do this through the use of data to gain unique insights into how IT services impact Tesla staff. The IT Software Administrator focuses on larger challenges and trending issues within the business, identifies opportunities for automation, works hand in hand with other teams to solve problems, and is responsible for architecting and maintaining unique and homegrown solutions that cannot be tackled by automation. This role assists with building tools that are used to improve troubleshooting efficiency for support technicians, increase productivity for user operations, assist in identifying emerging or ongoing trends across the environment, track and monitor changes to services, and provide concise and effective feedback to Global IT Support Operations (GITSO) based on collected data.
· Build tools that gather data from multiple sources to look for trends, identify problems, and increase efficiency of support teams
· Identify opportunities and create workflow automation for IT teams that provide measurable increases in efficiency
· Provide process owners and support teams data driven insights into how their IT service quality and effectiveness is impacting Tesla staff
· Architect potent and reliable solutions to the unique challenges that Tesla faces
· Demonstrate the ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks and projects
· Actively pursue opportunities for learning and self-development
· CS/CSE Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of training and experience
· Some level of Background or current experience with IT systems and practices: Active Directory, SCCM, or JAMF
· PowerShell scripting for Active Directory, MECM and Exchange Azure Tasks.
· Python REST frameworks using Django or Flask.
· Python scripting involving Active Directory and Web Services.
· Web Stacks on Linux using nginx supervisor gunicorn and python.
· Strong Passion for automation
· Security, compliance and service oriented mindset
· Experience using Windows client and server operating systems
· 2+ years industry experience developing applications and automation platforms
· Ability to rapidly learn new languages and technologies to deploy and support
· Is exceptionally well organized with top notch time management
· Interest in Data analytics
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
To apply for this job please visit www.tesla.com.