About the Position:This position will be located in the Enterprise IT Services, Engineering Directorate servicing the ACE-IT Organization. You will be responsible for performing engineering and design of ACE-IT related solutions in all functional areas.
Learn more about this agency
– Recommend appropriate technical strategies and solutions in resolving complex and persistent ACE IT engineering challenges.
– Provide expert advice and guidance by staying current on new and evolving IT technological products and trends as to selection of competingnew products/services for effective and seamless introduction into the Corps of Engineers IT Architecture.
– Develop and presents technical briefings for supported organizations.
– Plans and coordinates the execution of assigned tasks with IM/IT technical employees from USACE.
– Provides technical expertise and guidance to elements engaged in quality assurance activities; collects metrics; conducts independent tests, inspections and reviews.
25% or less – You may be expected to travel for this position.
– #### Job family (Series)
2210 Information Technology Management
Conditions of Employment
– Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
– Incumbent must obtain and maintain a Secret clearance.
– This position is designated per as 8570.01-M category/level as an Information Assurance Security Architect and Engineer level II (IASAE II).
– TDY may be required up to 25% of the time.
– May be required to work overtime as mission dictates.
Who May : Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
– Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
– Current DoD Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) Employee (non-Army)
– Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
– Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
– Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
– Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
To qualify for ACE IT positions based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: 1) Experience analyzing customer IT product and service requirements recommending solutions. AND 2) Experience preparing IT network and system designs. OR 3) Experience in preparing cost estimates and computer hardware requirements, in relation to the design and/or redesign effort. OR 4) Experience in insuring that the IT designs follow standard industry DOD, DA and Corps of Engineers design principles and policies. All experience areas shall additionally demonstrate each of the following competencies: 1) Attention to Detail, 2) Customer Service, 3) Oral Communication 4) Problem Solving. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-09).
Education Substitution:1) Have a Ph. D. or equivalent doctoral degree OR have completed three full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management or degree that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in one or more of the fields identified above and required the development or adaptation of applications, systems or networks. One year of full-time graduate education is considered to be the number of credit hours the school attended has determined to represent one year of full-time study. If that information cannot be obtained from the school, 18 semester hours is considered satisfactory to meet the 1year of full-time study requirement. Part-time graduate education is credit able in accordance with its relationship to a year of full-time study at the school attended. (NOTE: Transcripts are required at time of application).
2)* A combination of education and experience*-less than one year of experience as described in the specialized experience statement for the GS-11 may be combined with more than two years, but less than three years of graduate education as described above. To compute the percentage, divide your total months of qualifying experience by 12. Then divide your semester hours of graduate education beyond two years by 18. Add the two percentages. The total percentage must equal at least 100 percent to qualify.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
– Information Technology Test and Evaluation
– Oral Communication
– Project Management
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-09).
FOREIGN EDUCATION:If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: ********************************************************************************************
– Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
– You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
– Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
– Direct deposit of pay is required.
– Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
– If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
– This is a Career Program (CP) 34
– Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
– Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
– Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority for this position. To receive selection priority, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria (2) be rated well-qualified for the position and; (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. To be considered well-qualified and receive selection priority applicants must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a score of 90 or above. Additional information about the program is on OPM’s Career Transition Resources website.
– If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
– Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
– This position is designated per as 8570.01-M category/level as an Information Assurance Security Architect and Engineer level II (IASAE II). Incumbent (or Selectee) is required to satisfactorily complete the appropriate training and obtain the required certification/recertification for this position as outlined in DoD Publication 8570.01-M Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program, dated 19 December 2005 (incorporating Change 3, 24 January 2012 and any subsequent changes).
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resum and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your resum and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
– Required Documents
The documents you are required to submit vary based on the authority you are using to apply (i.e., applying as a veteran, applying as a current permanent Federal employee, applying as a reinstatement, etc). Please review the following links to see which documents you need to provide to prove your eligibility to apply: Applicant Merit Checklist and Proof of Eligibility.
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply.** If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
– Your resume:**
– Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the specialized experience described in this announcement.
– If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
– For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application will be marked as incomplete and you will not receive consideration for this position.
– For additional information see: What to include in your resume.
– Other supporting documents:
– Cover Letter, optional
– Most recent Performance Appraisal, if applicable
– Proof of Eligibility to :Your application must include the documents which prove you are eligible to apply for the vacancy. The Proof of Eligibility document describes authorities commonly used in merit promotion recruitment and what document(s) are required to prove you meet the requirements of the authority. You must meet the requirements of at least one of the authorities listed in the Who May section above to receive further consideration.
– Time-in-grade documentation:If you are applying for a higher grade and your SF-50 has an effective date within the past year, it may not clearly demonstrate you meet the one year time-in-grade requirement so you will need to provide an SF-50 which clearly demonstrates you meet the time-in-grade requirements (examples of appropriate SF-50s include Promotions, Within-grade Grade/Range Increases, and SF-50s with an effective date more than one year old).
– This position has an individual occupational requirement and/or allows for substitution of education for experience. If you meet this requirement based on education you MUST submit a copy of your transcript with your application package or you will be rated ineligible. See: Transcripts and Licenses
– This position requires a job-related license or certification. You MUST submit a copy of your license or certification with your application package or you will be rated ineligible. See: Transcripts and Licenses NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove another person’s personal information before you submit your application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
– How to
To apply for this position, you must complete the online questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 02/19/2019 to receive consideration.
– To begin, click to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application (**********************************************************
– Follow the prompts to select your rsum and/or other supporting documentsto be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
– After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
– You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
– It is your responsibility to verify that your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) is complete, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
– Additional information on how to complete the online application process and submit your online application may be found on the USA Staffing Applicant Resource Center. To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account ************************************** all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: ********************************************************
Agency contact information
Army Applicant Help Desk
HB-APF-W6KBAA USACE ENT INFO TECH SVCS DO NOT MAIL Fort Worth, TX 76102 US
Learn more about this agency
If you have questions regarding this job posting please visit *************************************************** & sys;id=-1 & table;=uapplicationinquirystaging and complete the online submission form. To expedite the process please include the Job announcement number, which can be found at the top, right hand side of the job announcement.
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
– Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
– Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
– An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
– An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
– An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
– Financial suitability
– Social security number request
– Privacy Act
– Signature and false statements
– Selective Service
– New employee probationary period
This job originated on ***************. For the full announcement and to apply, visit ********************************************* Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at *************** will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 02/08/2019 to 02/19/2019
Pay scale & grade: GS 11
Salary: $61,218 to $84,525 per year
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.