The FAA Aeronautical Centeris seeking a full time, permanent IT Specialist (Application Software)for the Enterprise Services Center, Project Support Unit. The incumbent will administer, develop, deliver and support information technology (IT) systems and services.
Learn more about this agency
The paramount requirement is knowledge of IT principles, concepts and methods: e.g. data storage, software applications and networking. Information technology refers to systems and services used in the automated acquisition, storage, manipulation, management, movement, control display, switching, interchange, transmission, assurance, or reception of information. Information technology includes computers, network components, peripheral equipment, software, firmware, services and related sources.
Duties are to include but not limited to:
– Provide guidance to lower-level staff on how to solve difficult, analytical problems. Provides policy guidance and instruction to others, both internally and externally.
– Performs assignments that may include shared responsibility for project/program management. Assignments typically require solutions be derived by interpreting and extrapolating from situations faced in the past. Provides recommendations to improve procedures.
– Contributes to the preparation of complex reports.
– May act as a key point of contact for both internal and external audiences. May communicate the overall results of a study to FAA management, the aviation and aerospace industries, other transportation segments and other external parties.
– Often represents FAA as a senior technical point of contact on projects, programs, and other work activities. Presents briefings to chain consensus/approval of FAA environmental protection programs.
– Proposes preventative actions and methods for ensuring FAA policies and practices align with emerging changes to transportation industry operations. May participate in the development of recommendations for new and innovative approaches to supplement broad policies and objectives that are only indirectly applicable to emerging transportation issues.
– Plans and carries out well established aspects of one or more programs involving diverse and complex technical issues and problems. Evaluates current operating practices and recommends improved procedures and cost effective alternatives.
– Leads the applications development process to identify and correct weaknesses in critical performance parameters, variances in achieving cost, schedule and performance goals, and investigates, evaluates and select tools and methods for improving productivity and software quality throughout the lifecycle.
Performs multiple, varying, and complex assignments under the limited direction of a manager, project program manager, team leader, or more experienced technical specialist. May act as a contributing specialist on large work activities or as a team leader for single or small work activities.
Applies experience and advanced technical knowledge applicable to his/her discipline to accomplish assignments and to develop plans and techniques to improve programs and policies. Understands how his/her technical area interacts with or is affected by other disciplines and considers the objectives of major subdivision and LOB when developing, integrating and implementing solutions to diverse, complex problems. Typical assignments may include system design and integration, rule making, investigations and inspection activities, compliance and enforcement actions, extensive research and shared responsibility for project program management.
Defines, plans and organizes assigned resources to accomplish organizational objectives. Allocates resources to accomplish small work activities within established schedules.
Not required – The job does not require any travel.
– #### Job family (Series)
2199 Transportation Student Trainee
Conditions of Employment
– US Citizenship is required.
– Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
– Must submit an SF50 (See Required Documents)
– A one-year probationary period may be required.
– Successful completion of a security investigation may be required.
– Please review Required Documents & Additional Information.
To view the complete qualification standard, applicants should reference – U.S. Office of Personnel Management Information Technology (IT) Management Series, 2210. *************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
To qualify for this position at the FV-I (FG/GS-13) level, you must demonstrate in your application that you possess at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to FV-H (FG/GS-10-12) in the Federal Service. Specialized experience is experience that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position.
Experience must be IT related; the experience may be demonstrated by paid or unpaid experience and/or completion of specific, intensive training (for example, IT certification), as appropriate. Individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below
– Attention to Detail – Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
– Customer Service – Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
– Oral Communication – Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
– Problem Solving – Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE may include but is not limited to: analyzing and refining systems requirements; translating systems requirements into applications prototypes; planning and designing systems architecture; writing, debugging, and maintaining code; determining and designing applications architecture; determining output media/formats; designing user interfaces; working with customers to test applications; assuring software and systems quality and functionality; integrating hardware and software components; writing and maintaining program documentation; evaluating new applications software technologies; and/or ensuring the rigorous application of information security/ information assurance policies, principles, and practices to the delivery of application software services.
Applicants should include examples of specialized experience in their work history. Qualifications must be met by the closing date of this vacancy announcement.
As a part of the Federal-Wide Hiring Reform Initiative (streamlining the hiring process), the FAA is committed to eliminating the use of the Knowledge, Skills and Ability (KSA) narratives from the initial application in the hiring process for all announcements. Therefore, as an applicant for this announcement, you are NOT required to provide a narrative response in the text box listed below each KSA. In lieu of providing a KSA narrative response in the text box listed below each, in your work history, please include information that provides specific examples of how you meet the response level or answer you chose for each KSA. Your work history examples should be specific and clearly reflect the highest level of ability. Your KSA answers will be evaluated further to validate whether the level that you selected is appropriate based on the work history and experience you provided. Your answers may be adjusted by a Human Resource Specialist as appropriate.
Eligible applicants meeting the minimum qualification requirements and selective factor(s), if applicable, may be further evaluated on the KSA’s listed in the announcement. Based on this evaluation, applicants will be placed in one of the following categories: score order, category grouping, or alphabetical and referred to the selecting official for consideration.
Preview Job Questionnaire
Make sure your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications and answers to the job questionnaire.
We may use this vacancy to fill other similar vacant positions. Position may be subject to a background investigation. A one-year probationary period may be required. The person selected for this position may be required to file a financial disclosure statement within 30 days of entry on duty. FAA policy limits certain outside employment and financial investments in aviation-related companies.
1) Applicants must apply on-line to receive consideration for this vacancy announcement. Faxed, mailed, or emailed applications cannot be accepted.
2) Please ensure you answer all questions and follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may impact your rating or may result in you not being considered for the job.
3) Some, all or none of the applicants may be interviewed.
4) This position is covered by the FAA Core Compensation plan. Additional information about core compensation is available on the following website: *******************************************
5) To check receipt of faxed documents, please call Jenny Sewell at **************.
This is a bargaining unit position.
Links to Important Information:Locality Pay, COLA
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
IMPORTANT: Applicants may be rated on the extent and quality of experience, education, and training relevant to the duties of the position(s). All answers provided in the on-line process must be substantiated. Ensure that your application package/resume supports your responses.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
– Required Documents
Supplemental documentation, e.g. Notification of Personnel Actions (SF-50) will be accepted in combination with your on-line application. These documents must be uploaded or faxed to (405)954-3003 on or before the closing date of this announcement. All submitted documents should reference the announcement number.
If you are an FAA employee, you MUST provide a copy of your SF-50 (Notification of Personnel Action) containing information in Blocks 15, 17, 18, 19, 22, and 24 so it can be used to verify your position title, series, grade, tenure, and organization of record by the closing date of the announcement. You may fax your SF-50 or upload it into the on-line application. If faxing the SF-50, please ensure you include the vacancy announcement number on the faxed copy.
If you are an FAA employee, you can access and print your SF-50 from the eOPF system **************************
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
– How to Apply
HelpHow to Apply
You must apply online to receive consideration. Your application must have a status of ‘Received’ by 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the Close Date for it to be accepted. If you are applying for positions associated with FAA registers, your application must have a status of ‘Received’ each time a referral list is created in order to receive consideration for positions associated with register.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR WORK EXPERIENCE AND/OR EDUCATION, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE OR EDUCATION.
We strongly encourage applicants to utilize the USAJOBS resume builder in the creation of resumes.
Please ensure EACH work history includes ALL of the following information:
Job Title (include series and grade if Federal Job)
Duties (be specific in describing your duties)
Employer’s name and address
Supervisor name and phone number
Start and end dates including month, day and year (e.g. June 18 2007 to April 05 2008)
Full-time or part-time status (include hours worked per week)
Determining length of General or Specialized Experience is dependent on the above information and failure to provide ALL of this information may result in a finding of ineligible.
You may upload completed documents to your USAJOBS Account. This will provide you the opportunity to utilize the uploaded information again when applying for future vacancies. Please see this guide, Document Upload Guide, for more information on uploading and re-using the documents in your applications.
Agency contact information
Federal Aviation Administration AAC Regional HR Services Division 6500 S. Macarthur Blvd, HQ Room 155 AHF-C400 Oklahoma City, OK 73169 US
Learn more about this agency
Candidates for FAA positions are evaluated using our Automated Vacancy Information Access Tool for Online Referral (AVIATOR) system. AVIATOR compares your skills and experience as described in your application with the requirements of the position. If you are found to be an eligible, highly-qualified candidate, you will be referred to the selecting official for further consideration. (In some cases, individuals with priority for special consideration must be considered and selected before other candidates.) Whether or not you are contacted for an interview depends upon the location of the position and the judgment of the selecting official.
Important – If you make any change to your application, you must resubmit it. If you change your application and do not resubmit it, your changes will not be considered part of your application package, and your previous application will be considered.
All qualified applicants will be considered regardless of political affiliation, race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or other non-merit factors. DOT provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify us. Decisions on granting reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Additional information on reasonable accommodations procedures or on EEO Programs is available on Office of Civil Rights (ACR) or by contacting the local FAA Civil Rights Office.
– Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
– Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
– An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
– An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
– An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
– Financial suitability
– Social security number request
– Privacy Act
– Signature and false statements
– Selective Service
– New employee probationary period
This job originated on ***************. For the full announcement and to apply, visit ********************************************* Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at *************** will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 02/08/2019 to 02/21/2019
Pay scale & grade: FV I
Salary: $74,228 to $115,042 per year Salary includes locality payment of 15.37%.
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.