IT Sr. Project Manager
Req ID #: 37480
Wilmington, MA, US, 01887
For nearly 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking an experienced IT Sr. Project Manager for our site located in Wilmgington, MA.
Built upon a foundation of innovation, groundbreaking science, and the insatiable drive to improve the quality of people’s lives, Charles River Labs provides the perfect platform for its team members to advance their careers while making a significant contribution to the world at large. We are looking for an experienced IT Sr. Project Manager who approaches their work with a passion, and would dive right in to managing multi-faceted, high priority projects within CRL’s Enterprise Commercial business segment. This hands-on PM role would lead the transformation of our Human Resource technologies and processes to support the company’s growth plans. We are looking for an individual with leadership experience – someone with deep experience implementing world-class, global HRIS systems – that can provide their team with the supportive, synergistic work space necessary for success within the framework of a globally integrated environment. If you’re looking to elevate your career to the next level – for a challenge within a progressive community of innovative thinkers and doers, we’d love to talk to you!
This role will be responsible for managing large, complex projects, effectively applying CRL’s methodology and enforcing project standards. Managing day-to-day operational aspects of projects. Effectively utilizing each team member to his/her fullest potential and motivating the team to work together in the most efficient manner. Along with, assisting in the training and mentoring of project managers within the IT organization.
– Adhere to and enforces CRL’s project management methodology.
– Create and execute project plan and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
– Identify resources needed and assign individual responsibilities.
– Minimize exposure and risk on project.
– Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
– Manage project budget.
– Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
– Participate in project review meetings.
– Track and continuously improve project outcomes for assigned projects.
– Assist in the creation and maintenance of a project management community of practice and knowledge repository.
– Provide training and mentoring of project managers within the IT organization.
– Recommend the roadmap for procuring / developing and deploying application solutions consistent with strategic priorities and IT dependencies. Make recommendations jointly with select business/function leadership.
– Lead the organization to define, design & develop, support and test the solution through the system development lifecycle.
– Lead the organization to manage the testing & validation of the application.
– Lead the measurement of value realized in the course of all CR IT projects.
– Ensure solutions are transitioned smoothly through the production cut-over process.
– Lead training and / or ensure effective knowledge transfer to those responsible for training use of the new solutions such that adoption and value realization is optimized.
– Perform all other related duties as assigned.
The following are minimum requirements related to the IT Sr. Project Manager position.
– Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in computer science, engineering, business administration or related discipline. MBA or other relevant graduate degree preferred.
– Experience: 10+ years related experience in project management, ideally implementing global applications.
– An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
– Certification/Licensure: Project Management certification preferred.
– Other: In-depth knowledge of current IT technologies and state-of-the-art practices, particularly in program management. Strong communication and interpersonal skills including influencing and aligning. Ability to manage multiple projects and related tasks concurrently
– Interaction with executive-level management to negotiate and to influence policy-making. Effective communication skills for large, multinational audiences.
About Corporate Functions
The Corporate Functions provide operational support across Charles River in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, Legal, Sales, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and Corporate Development. They partner with their colleagues across the company to develop and drive strategies and to set global standards. The functions are essential to providing a bridge between strategic vision and operational readiness, to ensure ongoing functional innovation and capability improvement.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 11,000 employees within 70 facilities in 18 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2016, revenue increased by 23.3% to $1.68 billion from $1.36 billion in 2015.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~70% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2016.
For more information, please visit **************.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Biotech, Project Manager, Engineer, HR, Pharmaceutical, Science, Technology, Human Resources, Engineering
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.