Please note, this position is located at Snowshoe Mountain Resort in Snowshoe, West Virginia
We are looking for people who are passionate about life and what they do. People who love the mountain lifestyle and who want to be at Snowshoe! We seek qualified candidates that exemplify our Core Values of Performance, Integrity, Collaboration, Environment, and most of all Fun!
Our goal at Snowshoe is to provide exceptional mountain experiences for our guests, employees, and community. We do so by embracing authenticity, celebrating our differences, and finding ways we can all connect through our shared passion for the mountain. At Snowshoe everyone is welcome, and we encourage you to be yourself. Simply put, you belong up here and we can’t wait to see you on the mountain!
Work, Play, Get Paid and Enjoy the Perks:
Free skiing + riding privileges with direct to lift access at 14 iconic resorts including: Snowshoe Mountain, Stratton, Palisades Tahoe, Mammoth Mountain, Steamboat and more!
401(k) plan (Available to any employee over the age of 18)
12 Discounted Friends and Family $25 Winter Lift Ticket Vouchers
30% – 45% off Snowshoe food & beverage locations (excludes alcohol)
30% off soft goods and 15% off hard goods at Snowshoe owned retail locations.
Pro Deals from some of the industries top brands such as Smartwool, Smith, Dakine and North Face
RESORT OVERVIEW, CULTURE AND VISION
Snowshoe is the premier destination for Mid-Atlantic and Southeast skiers, snowboarders and winter enthusiasts. We offer 257 acres of skiable terrain, 1500 vertical feet, 57 trails and the best snow around. Enjoy our world class events, cool mountain temperatures, beautiful vistas and 11,000 acres of unspoiled wilderness.
Our organizational values describe our shared beliefs…what’s important to us as an organization; how we want to treat each other and our guests.
Respect Excellence Safety Sustainability Fun
System support specialists provide help desk assistance and technical support for all types of issues affecting end users, such as software problems, network breakdowns, and hardware failures. They create and maintain user accounts. This critical operational position provides 1st and 2nd level support for PCs, Laptops, tablets, telephones/cell phones and other additional hardware/software as assigned. This position does software builds and initial level of support for corporate software including, but not limited to, Inntopia, SMS|Host, RTP, Citrix, Office Automation and operating systems. This position assists with server maintenance and preventative maintenance of all IT equipment and facilities. Specialists should have solid analytical and problem-solving skills. They should be able to work calmly under pressure and be able to handle multiple tasks.
This position is responsible for the following job results.
- Ensures computing devices are configured with the appropriate software for the end user.
- Monitors IT Help Desk phone line, trouble ticketing system and Help Desk Email.
- Ensures assigned trouble tickets are resolved quickly and efficiently.
- Creates and modifies accounts in compliance with corporate directives and operational requirements.
- Cross trains with other IT staff members and provide training to other staff members and customers.
- Documents solutions to aid in quicker resolution in the future.
- Provides setup and troubleshooting support for IT needs for events and conferences.
- Participates in semi-annual preventative maintenance and inventory of all IT equipment.
- O365 Account Maintenance as related to onboarding/offboarding and security changes when required
- Maintenance of peripherals including but not limited to printers, validation scanners, monitors, keyboards, hard drive etc.
- Frontline training and documentation (O365, various applications)
- End client patching and security maintenance. Follow cyber security guidelines to ensure the security of the systems
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
Education: IT degree preferred but not required.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 1-year experience in Information Technology support.
- Excellent Customer Service skills.
- Excellent team player.
- An ability to learn quickly and support changing technologies
- Must have strong logic skills and be able to solve problems quickly.
- Must have experience with hardware/software troubleshooting, network configurations and Microsoft systems including Microsoft Server 2012-2019, Windows 10, Office 365 and office desktop applications.
- Familiarity with Virtualization technologies, Imaging systems, security technologies, and Azure/O365 management desired.
- Must be able to communicate effectively within the IT department as well as with end users.
- Must have strong organizational skills
- Understands business complexities and assumes responsibility for driving change
- Works individually or with teams of employees to achieve goals
- Manages self through periods of change, even during difficult times or in the face of hard business decisions
- Exhibits honesty, integrity in an environment of mutual respect and trust, core values, reliability
- Is inquisitive and curious, always asking questions; Seeks new and/or different or ways to improve the business; Thinks outside the box
- Is recognized by others (internally and externally) as being engaged in their role, and someone who can often see things that others have not
- Inspires, motivates, develops, energizes, and creates engaged employees, with a solid record of employee retention
- Demonstrates true passion for the job, the resort, and the company overall
- Displays rigorous commitment to the environment, financial and safety of self, business, and inherent risks through stewardship.
- Communicates clearly and appropriately – both orally and in writing
- Responds to questions or requests in a timely manner
- Conducts regular one-on-one and departmental meetings to ensure a good flow of information
- Recognizes and rewards the achievement of his/her team and others; Ensures thank-yous are delivered
- All communication is down home and strives to improve upon a high level of guest service in a friendly manner
- Proficient in use of technology to include Excel, Word, the Internet, desktop publishing and database management software programs. Is able to learn quickly those applications not known.
- Achieves high-quality business outcomes for the division as well as delivering good results that help the business overall
- Delivers highly accurate end-work product personally and through overseeing others
- Able to analyze numbers and draw conclusions from statistical information
- Meets or exceeds financial goals, budgets, forecasts
- Creates successful strategies that produce results, but is also willing to accept responsibility for shortfalls when appropriate
- Ensures a guest driven atmosphere and improves commitment to a service level that exceed our guests’ expectations
- Adapts and is flexible to changing business circumstances across a season, a fiscal year, and/or multiple years; Exhibits willingness to change
- Exhibits flexibility in their thinking, will bend when needed, and will lobby others to change when necessary
- Inspires a unified team through understanding success
Any employee or volunteer who operates a company vehicle including cars, trucks, snowcats, snowmobiles, or heavy equipment is required to comply with the Driver’s Standards Policy. This policy also applies to employees or volunteers driving their personal vehicles for company business more than four times per month, averaging 30+ miles per trip. All drivers should receive a full copy of the Alterra Driver’s Standards Policy; if you have not – please contact your Risk/Safety or HR/EE Department.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position a minimum of 20 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office equipment on a constant basis.
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile devices and basic office equipment on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time sitting, bending, reaching, and speaking on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time standing, walking, kneeling, pushing and pulling on an occasional basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Ability to work outside in extreme conditions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.