Responsible for providing technical support, planning, implementation, and the highest level of technical support and recovery procedures for mission critical systems. Serves as a technical expert in the area of system administration for all operating systems in use. Recommends the redesign and configuration of operating systems and system applications. Investigates and analyzes feasibility of system requirements and develops system specifications. Identifies methods, solutions, and provides leadership and management in order to provide a high level of service to the customers of the department.
The Systems Administrator reports to the Director of IT and provides hardware and software support and maintenance. The position also provides training, consultation and recommendations about future planning and development of IT systems for administration facing Technology solutions. Providing these services in a timely, effective and efficient manner will enhance the IT Departments customer service standards. Oversees IT expense and asset tracking.
IT Coordinator and Scanning Associate
- Evaluate, prioritize and resolve incoming incident and problem tickets on hardware, software, Internet, mobile device, telecommunication equipment, etc.
- Provide customer and operational support, listening to customer complaints and pain points, and determining the best course of action.
- Liaise with and provide training and support to end users and staff on computer operation and other issues.
- Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments and store leadership.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the proper operations of all computer and information systems.
- Ensure that policies and procedures for the proper operation of all hardware, office automation software, and data center and communication systems are always implemented and followed.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing updated operating and security IT standards.
- Support LAN/WAN/SDWAN connectivity including firewalls, VPNs, routers, and switches.
- Perform network monitoring and maintenance, including updates and service patches.
- Enforce the firm’s information security procedures and other compliance procedures.
- Perform backups, file restores and maintain redundant offsite storage.
- Provide support for 3rd party applications and vendor coordination.
- Other miscellaneous net admin duties including printer and peripheral support, PBX system, and building security/access infrastructure.
- Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Maintains effectiveness and efficiency by contributing to, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
- Meets with managers and key users to plan and discuss system requirements, support issues, specifications, costs and timelines.
- Exercise control to keep IT spend targeted and within budget.
- Develop and keep updated an inventory of all technology systems.
- Ensure that all technology systems are kept updated with necessary firmware and security patches.
- Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Where required, install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot associated end user workstation software and networking software products.
- Complete computer imaging including software & hardware authentication and pre-delivery testing.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education And Experience (E = Essential D = Desired)
(E) High School or equivalent
(E) B.S. in IT related field of study; or
(E) 7 years of related IT experience
(D) Retail or Grocery Industry experience preferred.
** Click APPLY to show link to read full job details **
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.