Computer (Software and Hardware) Support Technician
US Security Clearance required
Based in Key West, FL (On Site role)
- Works under direction of Senior Advisor to report progress and challenges encountered during install/test/upgrade/build hardware solutions that can be used to build and maintain Senior Advisor's Project Schedule.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting services for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Respond to queries either in person or over the phone.
- Respond to email, IM messages (IM), and voicemail messages for customers seeking help. Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software
- Designs, develops, implement, and analyze hardware for products.
- Develop test strategies to test hardware mechanisms
- Develops the strategy and devices to facilitate performance and stress testing for hardware components
- Troubleshoots complex challenges related to the engineering of hardware products
- Compiles input and test steps in Engineering Installation Plans (EIP) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to validate and ready crucial documentation designed to back and support hardware solution
- Draft specifications and documentation for hardware components and computer systems
- Lead process improvement for hardware engineering processes
- Participate in special hardware engineering projects
- Communicate and report daily status on all tasks, for all engineers and associates, to the Senior Advisor
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- May coach and provide guidance to less-experienced professionals
- May serve as a team or task lead
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS or equivalent combination of training, education and experience.
- 2+ years of experience in a technical support related role.
Years of Experience
2 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
CompTIA – Security+ CE – CompTIA
Less than 10%
U.S. Citizenship Required
About Our Work
We are GDIT. A global technology and professional services company that delivers consulting, technology and mission services to every major agency across the U.S. government, defense and intelligence community. Our 30,000 experts extract the power of technology to create immediate value and deliver solutions at the edge of innovation. We operate across 30 countries worldwide, offering leading capabilities in digital modernization, AI/ML, Cloud, Cyber and application development. Together with our clients, we strive to create a safer, smarter world by harnessing the power of deep expertise and advanced technology.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.