SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
IT SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
SpaceX is looking for an experienced IT Systems Administrator to create and manage a robust server, network systems, and data center environment at our Starship development site in Brownsville. This person will support the people and infrastructure for this rapidly growing site, and will have the opportunity to be on the cutting edge of space technology.
Candidates should have experience working in diverse server environments, complex application hosting and creating reliable networks. Expertise administering complex infrastructure with tools and applications is necessary for providing resilient enterprise services. The ideal candidate will also be flexible and will flourish in a fast-paced and challenging environment. A self-starter, having excellent motivation, good leadership, and creative ingenuity is required to excel at this position.
- Exercise a high degree of responsibility for the processes, systems, and tools you create and manage; all supporting the goal of making humanity an interplanetary species.
- Design, implement, and maintain our diverse server environments providing simple but effective scalability, performance, and reliability.
- Define, document and follow standards and best practices for systems design, testing, and implementation.
- Drive scripting and automation to develop solutions to common problems.
- Install and configure servers, network equipment, telephone devices, and other IT datacenter systems.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Research and recommend innovative automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Identify approaches that leverage resources and provide economies of scale.
- Work with Telecom to design, manage and coordinate installation and troubleshooting of layer 1 infrastructure services.
- 4+ years of experience in IT systems administration.
- Experience with servers in physical and virtualized environments.
- Experience with Active Directory, Kerberos, and/or multi-platform authentication/identification environments.
- Experience with automation scripting with languages such as PowerShell, Bash, Python, or Perl.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or technical field.
- Experience with writing larger scripts and automation-driven processes.
- Experience in server hardware, management software, storage technologies, and networking.
- Systems administration/system engineer certification.
- Linux experience and certifications (ex: CentOS, Ubuntu).
- Experience working with Cisco and Arista networking devices.
- Experience working with VMware products (ex: vSphere, vRealize, ESXi).
- Experience managing 100+ servers at one time.
- Experience with storage technologies, including RAID, iSCSI, CIFS, NFS, SATA, SAS, and fiber channel.
- Active Directory troubleshooting, GPO (Group Policy Object) creation and deployment experience.
- Experience with WAN/LAN dynamic routing, VPNs, switching, multicast, network security, enterprise monitoring, high performance design, and quality of service for telephony and video applications.
- Must be comfortable working with mission critical and sensitive systems, with a sense of urgency appropriate to the responsibilities.
- Ability to address and resolve information technology issues promptly, effectively and independently.
- Ability to take a highly technical idea and communicate it to others through alternative descriptions.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. \
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.