This individual analyzes, designs, supports, and documents computer information systems, serves as an integral project leader by actively participating in the design of systems solutions, managing configuration, testing, quality control, implementation, and provides ongoing support to users through training, maintenance and troubleshooting. This position requires an individual that can work well in a team environment and is able to partner closely with IT Business Analysts and confer daily with supporting teams (Infrastructure, Development, Information Security and Risk) for successful project collaboration.
- Performs technical assessments, analysis, design, configurations, testing and documentation of new or existing systems.
- Implements, maintains and upgrades 3rd party Client-Server software application systems including but not limited to Microsoft SQL Server, Exchange, SharePoint, Dynamics 365(CRM), Dynamics NAV, etc.
- Conducts market research as it pertains to a given set of solution requirements.
- Manages relationships with external vendors for systems and third party applications.
- Analyzes and translates complex business requirements into a functional system design document.
- Uses knowledge of current applications, interfaces, and data structures to recommend solutions and provide input to business units.
- Guides, trains, and advises IT Business Analysts on technical best practices.
- Regularly applies advanced data analysis skills to understand detailed data flows between systems and within systems.
- Implements disaster recovery plans, including disaster recovery testing and reporting.
- Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs by providing references and support.
- Understands points of interaction and impact on other systems across the enterprise.
- Manages the installation of maintenance/patches and software upgrades.
- Establishes standards and procedures for system testing, operations and documentation.
- Meets financial requirements by submitting information for budgets and monitors expenses.
- Manages software asset inventory.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Regularly provides guidance and direction to junior systems analysts and other IT teams.
- Documents specific duties, activities, problems solved and issues resolved.
- Writes user and admin training guides when necessary.
- Attends meetings and serves on committees, as requested
- Performs additional duties and assignments as requested
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Science, or related discipline
- 4+ years of Systems Analyst or Systems Administration experience
- Long term systems implementation projects
- Experience with production and disaster recovery systems/application support
- Advanced knowledge of script writing and scheduling
- Advanced knowledge and analytical skills of systems integration through web services, ETL, etc.
- System Administration best practices
- The Software Development Life Cycle
- Microsoft Operating Systems
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft PowerShell
- Disaster recovery best practices
- Networks, Circuits, Routers, etc.
- Change Management
- Client configuration
- Server inventories with server specifications and IP addresses
- DNS/Active Directory/Group Policy
- Application interfaces and required firewall configurations
- Emerging technology trends
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Can evaluate critical systems, prioritize workflow and determine solutions
- Can easily adapt and learn new software systems and technology
- Can establish storage usage and requirements
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Can Interpret and apply laws, regulations, policies and procedures
- Can provide technical assistance for computer problems
- Can read and understand technical manuals
- Can work for extended time at keyboard/terminal
- Can maintain effective working relationships with supervisor and coworkers
- Can work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings
Preferred Skills, Abilities, or Certifications (in addition to required):
- Has strong interpersonal skills
- Is confident to have face to face interactions with Business / stakeholders
- Has MCSE, ITIL, PMP, CompTIA, or vendor specific certification(s)
Paycom is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Paycom makes employment decisions on the basis of business needs, job requirements, individual qualifications and merit. Paycom wants to have the best available people in every job. Therefore, Paycom does not permit its employees to harass, discriminate or retaliate against other employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, military and veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristic, reproductive health decisions, family or parental status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation benefits, and separation of employment. The Human Resources Department has overall responsibility for this policy and maintains reporting and monitoring procedures. Any questions or concerns should be referred to the Human Resources Department.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.