Heres the perfect chance to combine your softwaredevelopment skills with your drive to develop cutting-edge technology. A role that will enable you to grow your career while you make a real difference to the way we drive innovation at Shell.
Where you fit in
Shell Energy Europe & Environmental Products provides businesses with advanced and high valuesolutions for energyassetsand commodities, including natural gas, powerand environmental products, across a broad range of European markets.
As an integrated Energy company, Shell puts trading at the heart of optimizing Energy pricing, supplyand demand. The Shell Energy Europe & Environmental Productsbusiness has ambitions to continue to grow its Powertrading activity with access to an increasing volume of powergenerationassetsand a growing number of B2B & B2Ccustomers. Shell EnergyITdelivery is aiming to support the business with a set of world class and differentiating solutionsand strategic use of vendor platforms.
Whats the role?
As the TechnicalLead, you will leverage on your proven experience in order to adhere and guide teams to the best software engineering practices, deliversoftwareproductsand applications, and generate businessvalue.
In this role, you are expected to be go getter, be the best developer in the team, set up processes, and have a continuous improvement mindset.
Your Further Responsibilities Includes:
- Provide technical leadership and architectural designs to various teams within Shell.
- Provide solution consultations and developments in accordance to the enterprise technology principles, methods, standards, and practices.
- Conduct estimations, solution designs, detailed technical designs, applicationtechnical deliverables including code, associated tests and documentation.
- Contribute to functional excellence in terms of definition and maintenance of standards, methods and tools, bringing in best practices from market standard implementations.
- Manage complex integration scenarios and interfaces between on-premise solutions, cloudand legacy systems.
What we need from you?
Were keen to hear from individuals who have extensive softwaredevelopment experience with a FullStack profile (Experience in front-end, back-end, cloudautomationand orchestration). Beyond That, Wed Hope to see as many of the following as possible on your CV:
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, along with extensive experience in working in a trading related environment (Energy & Commodities Trading, Banking or Consultancies) with Front Office Trading Managers.
- Substantial experience in leading delivery teams technically and setting up technical practices and processes.
- Proficiency in .NETand.NETCore (Web, API, Windows, Services) with Azure Platform Development (Serverless Computing, AzureFunctions, AzureServices, Azure Storage, EventArchitecture EventHub, Event Bus etc, ETC).
- Substantial experience using CloudNativeCI/CD tools (Azure DevOps, Terraform, Ansible etc).
- Deep experience in DataDevelopment (One or more of T-SQL /Oracle Pl/SQL /Azure Cosmos/ Azure SQL/ Mongo etc.)
- Demonstrated application of the best patterns & practices in the softwaredevelopment life cycle.
- Experience working in agile teams with demonstrated application of the principles in start-up and/or enterprise environments.
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative oil andgas company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UKs growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
An innovative place to work
Theres never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and youll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract anddevelop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways were nurturing an inclusive environment one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential
- Were creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and well take it from there.
- Were closing the gender gap whether thats through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering andtechnology.
- Were striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
Were huge advocates for career development. Well encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
To apply for this job please visit vonq.io.