IT Technical Support Specialist – 2nd Shift
– Carry out work and implement standards as established by the System and Network Engineering Teams in regard to planning and supporting the plants in the areas of Desktop, WAN, LAN Servers and Disaster Recovery.
– Provides second level diagnostic support to the Support and Network Engineering Teams and the Service Desk in supporting the plants as it relates to: Desktop, WAN, LAN, and Servers.
– During launches, ensures that all hardware is configured in accordance with syncreon’s standards and that it is deployed per the launch plan schedule.
– Captures site specific network, server and end device documentation
– Ensures that he/she is available and responds to support requests during on call rotation
– Ensures that site documentation is properly updated at the time that changes are made to syncreon’s systems.
– Keeps current on emerging technologies- Desktop, server and communication
– Proactively takes advantage of internal training opportunities
– Informs superiors of external training requirements
– Actively participate, enforce, and follow syncreon’s Change, Incident, and Problem management processes
– Escalates, where required to the Service Desk following the predefined escalation procedure
– Adheres to syncreon’s security process proactively identifying security issues and escalating these to the TSS team lead or appropriate manager.
– Adheres to syncreon’s purchasing processes ensuring that all IT equipment is properly tracked throughout the hardware lifecycle
– Other duties as assigned
– A strong understanding and working knowledge of desktop hardware, operating systems and software
– A good understanding of network systems and protocols
– Effective communications skills
– Ability to apply creativity and critical thinking to technical problems
– Able to cope with time pressure and dynamic surroundings
– 3 years of relevant working experience in a global environment
– Enthusiastic personality and high level of energy
– Fluent in English Language
– Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in the field of computer science, management information systems or a related discipline or A combination of equivalent professional training and certifications, combined with a minimum of two years related work experience in a position(s) with increasing responsibility and supervisory duties may be accepted
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.