Transform technology into opportunity as a Programmer Senior with GDIT. A career in enterprise IT means connecting and enhancing the systems that matter most. At GDIT you'll be at the forefront of innovation and play a meaningful part in improving how agencies operate.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Programmer Senior you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on Programmer Senior joining our team to build out an ITSM system utilizing and integrating JIRA service management, Dynatrace, and native cloud tools in a secure environment.
HOW A PROGRAMMER SENIOR WILL MAKE AN IMPACT:
- Builds and codes applications and/or models using various computer programming languages.
- Work directly with the Space force customer to understand requirements.
- Lead other programmers in delivery of the ITSM system and work with the engineering team to design integrations.
- Building the ITSM system for Space forces digital environment for application development.
- Utilize your programming skills to integrate COTS products JIRA and Dynatrace to monitor, manage and automate the ITSM processes for the Space Force digital environment.
- Builds and codes applications and/or models within JIRA, Dynatrace, and Azure.
- Designs, develops, deploys, and maintains operating systems and operating system software.
- Installs enhancements and performs updates to software of existing systems, including middleware and application programs that run on the system.
- Performs troubleshooting of problems and provides customer support for software systems and application issues.
- Debugs problems with system software. Provides recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Performs maintenance tasks to keep systems running smoothly.
- Writes and updates test procedures and programs.
- May coach and provide guidance to less-experienced professionals.
- May serve as a team or task lead.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Education: Technical Training, Certification(s) or Associates degree in IT systems.
- Required Experience: 5+ years of related experience.
- Required Technical Skills: Integration experience of COTs tools utilizing Java Script, plug ins and SOAP/Rest APIs. Experience coding integrations with Jira.
- Security Clearance Level: Secret.
- Required Skills and Abilities: problem solving and group leadership.
- Preferred Skills: History with both Dynatrace and Jira will be beneficial but not required.
- Location: Hybrid in Colorado Springs with up to 10% travel.
- US Citizenship Required.
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
- Full-flex work week to own your priorities at work and at home.
- 401K with company match.
- Comprehensive health and wellness packages.
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career.
- Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications.
- Cutting-edge technology you can learn from.
- Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays.
Years of Experience
5 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
U.S. Citizenship Required
Salary and Benefit Information
The likely salary range for this position is $88,000 – $132,000. This is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary. Rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
View information about benefits and our total rewards program.
About Our Work
We are GDIT. A global technology and professional services company that delivers consulting, technology and mission services to every major agency across the U.S. government, defense and intelligence community. Our 30,000 experts extract the power of technology to create immediate value and deliver solutions at the edge of innovation. We operate across 30 countries worldwide, offering leading capabilities in digital modernization, AI/ML, Cloud, Cyber and application development. Together with our clients, we strive to create a safer, smarter world by harnessing the power of deep expertise and advanced technology.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.