Do you want to take your career to the next level? Are you ready for the responsibility of working with high-profile clients? CGI is looking for a talented, driven, and experienced Java Developer with a passion for solving business problems to join our team in Birmingham. At CGI, you will solve challenging business and technical problems as a full-time consultant serving local, enterprise clients. You'll be part of a team of smart, dedicated people like yourself and make an impact with both internal and client stakeholders. Tired of the same old thing? Take your talents to a world class consulting firm that inspires personal and professional growth and values your ideas.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Collaborate with team members to find better, more efficient ways of doing things
• Solve challenging business and technical problems
• Create solutions to meet client needs
• Design and implement multi-tier software using the latest technologies
• Participate in the full software development life cycle from scoping, analysis, design, implementation, and quality assurance to delivery and support
• Learn from your peers and from our years of experience through training classes, engineering reviews, and our mentor program
• Grow in your career, and enhance your technical abilities.
• Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• The most important thing you will need is a passion for learning new things and solving new problems, because that's what we do! As a consultant, you will also need strong written and verbal communications skills to work with your team and with our clients.
• Work with client engineering and DevOps teams to develop the required technical environments to implement the new architecture
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• A bachelor's degree in a relevant field (i.e.: Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a similar major with extensive computer-based or technical content)
• Strong understanding of Software Design principles
• 1-3 years in Relational Database technologies (Oracle is preferred, MSSQL)
• Exposure to Integration technologies (Mulesoft, SSIS, BizTalk, Apigee)
• Exposure to Reporting technologies (PowerBI, SSRS)
• Exposure to Automated Unit Testing technologies (xUnit, nUnit, jUnit)
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients' digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today – one of the world's largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI – where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.