First Student is a leader in transportation of children K-12. As the largest provider of student transportation in North America, First Student is more than twice the size of the next largest competitor. Industry-leading safety programs, strong customer relationships and service record are the key differentiators.
First Student is currently hiring for a Systems Analyst (Application Developer). In this role, you will design and develop secure, scalable and efficient integration solutions between internal applications as well as external clients and vendors. You will also provide application development, quality assurance, testing, and support for First Student IT.
This is a great opportunity to enhance your skill set, grow and contribute with a dynamic company.
– Serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and technical resource for FS IT systems, applications, technologies and processes.
– Provides Quality Assurance (QA) for FS IT systems, applications, technologies and processes
– Provides and maintains documentation for FS IT systems, applications, technologies and processes.
– Accountable for ensuring quality IT solutions from third parties (an integrated solution that delivers the business requirement & benefits)
– Interprets requirements data, maps current and future state business processes to the system(s) being delivered, and develops plans to address functional gaps between the delivered system(s) and business processes.
– Ensures all necessary steps for implementation are accounted for during the different project lifecycles including the transition to Application Support. Examples can include: workflow, design, development, BPM mapping, communication of status changes and impact to the various IT organization, Development/Code Reviews, Quality (Functional and Performance) Testing, UAT Testing, Code/Test Case/Documentation Asset Management
– Analyzes business, data, application and technology artifacts to performance requirements management and gap analysis
– Maintain industry and technology knowledge of FS IT systems, applications, technologies and processes.
– Bachelor’s degree in software development / IT or equivalent combination of education and experience.
– Java, J2EE, Tomcat, JBoss EAP, Hibernate, EJB3, JSF
– Git, Jenkins, Eclipse, SQL Developer, Android Studio
– REST API, JSON, XML/XSL/XSLT/XSD
– Oracle, SQL Server, SSIS, SSMS
– Azure, AWS, Oracle Cloud
– RHEL/Centos Linux
– Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills
– Good analytical and problem-solving skills
– Strong communication skills.
– Good interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members.
– Ability to work in a self-directed work environment
– Ability to work in a team environment
– Transportation experience is a plus.
First Student’s commitment to putting our customers first, dedication to safety, and an ambition to deliver dependable transportation makes for a working environment you’ll love. As a huge company with 120,000 staff and over 2.5 billion customers worldwide, you’ll also enjoy security, a brilliant future, and excellent training.
Apply today to join our team!
First Student is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply on Company Website
Job ID: FS-16246
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
First Student provides safe, reliable and cost-effective transportation services that help school districts focus on providing students with the best possible education. Our customized approach and industry-leading solutions ensure that students get a safe start to each school day. For more than a century, we’ve provided industry-leading transportation services by emphasizing the relationship with our customer and putting students first. Contact Info
– 600 Vine Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.