CGI is seeking junior, mid and senior Java Developers to join our banking group within the Great Lakes business unit headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA. We offer an exciting full-time opportunity with the 5th largest IT Services provider in the world that includes a complete benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid vacation, etc.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
* Develop applications and components based on using a Java technology stack
* Develop high quality service oriented architecture and micro-services
* Implement new features in a collaborative team environment with product managers, UI/UX designers, business analyst and testers
* Pro-actively recommend new product features to improve quality, performance and the user experience
* Ensures that software meets or exceed specified standards and end-user requirements
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
* Minimum 1+ years’ experience as Java/J2EE developer
* Hands of experience developing web services (WSDL, Soap, Restful)
* Ability to work closely with Product and design teams to define feature specifications
* Desire to continually research and recommend product improvements
* Ability to excel in a team environment to solve challenging tasks on time and with high quality.
* Desire to learn new technologies
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with the ability to interact with all levels of management
* Work within agile teams to develop software, including test driven development, automated unit testing
* Web Services ((WSDL Soap, Restful)
* Banking Knowledge
* Knowledge of Agile
* Understanding of Micro Services Architecture
* Containerization Techniques (Kubernetes, Docker, OpenShift)
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related field.
* Java Enterprise Editions JEE
* Web Services
What you can expect from us: Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this changesupporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at ***********.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at ********************************. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?*YesNo
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.