Logistics, one of the world’s leading non-asset based supply-chain management companies, designs and implements industry leading solutions for large and medium-size national and multinational companies. Approximately 40,000 employees in more than 160 countries are dedicated to delivering effective and robust supply-chain solutions across a variety of sectors where CEVA applies its operational expertise to provide best-in-class services across its integrated network.
offers competitive incentive packages, exceptional benefits and an exceptional culture for career building. Start your career with
and build on our Foundations: Unity, Growth and Excellence. CEVA people are passionate about supply chain management.
Logistics is currently hiring a
located in Houston, TX. The Developer serves as the senior expert responsible for the delivery/support of information technology application and configuration of solutions as they relate to the business functions.
In this role, the Java Developer will:
– Be accountable for designing, developing, maintaining and supporting a suite of business solution applications including but not limited to infrastructure/solutions/architecture
– Provide capacity planning, monitoring and maintenance of designated systems identifying trends or problems
– Ensure that applications are maintained in a manner that supports delivery and performance of services to multiple platforms
– Perform tasks for the CoE’s and Cluster IT project/portfolio management oriented work efforts and assignments, ensures that goals and objectives are met within time, scope and resource requirements
– Understand the business processes and flows to enable the analysis of business requirements and the development of solutions/timelines for projects
– Applies standard IT methods, knowledge and CEVA standards and practices to tasks and situations related to application production support.
– Responds to unfamiliar, undefined, unexpected, or unstable situations with the professionally prescribed standard response and uses standard analytical tools and rules to determine root cause and resolve the broad range of application problems
– Ensure continuity of business processes supported by one or many applications and services
– Serves as expert for one or more business/technical applications. (R & M run & maintain activities)
– Participates and contributes to application and system external and internal audits in relationship to production control, system and application controls and monitoring.
– Provides and coordinates on-call support for assigned functional areas on regular basis
– Ability to accommodate flexible work schedules to meet support levels for globally deployed applications
– Works directly with CEVA business and other IT teams to understand, diagnose and resolve requests for assistance
– Directly participate within the broader IT organization to address business requests
– Serves as the escalation point of contact for technical activities for the team
Key Working Relationships:
– IT COE/Clusters
– Service Management
– IT Infrastructure
– Account Management, Operations, and Business Development
Education and Experience:
– Bachelor’s degree in IT Management, Computer Science or Supply Chain Management or equivalent experience
– 10+ years of diverse IT experience encompassing infrastructure, applications, operations and business experience
– 8+ years of experience in Web Application Development for Global / International based customers
– 6+ years of implementation and delivery services, preferable for large complex projects and customers
– 3-5 years supply chain experience desired
Additional Skills that Contribute to Success:
– Business acumen and solid knowledge of applications and implementing logistics technologies.
– Infrastructure technologies as defined for functional area of responsibility
– Able to translate technical terms to operational teams and vice versa. Able to perform technical analysis and produce effective business requirements documentation.
– Possess analytical skills enabling trouble-shooting on software and hardware
– The function requires in depth knowledge of CEVA solutions/services & processes in order to assess risk and apply quality control
– In-depth knowledge of testing, failover set up and testing, back up set up and testing, regression testing, deployment processes, change management, service management
– Capable of delivering written and graphical work products and presentation materials
– Capable in presenting to internal / external customers in formal or informal situations
– Fluent in English
– Effectively communicate to all project stakeholders on a regular basis
– Positive & professional attitude in stressful environments
– Interface effectively with customers or others associated with the project or assignment
– Possess good verbal and written communication skills
– Ability to successfully multi-task and establish appropriate priorities
– Ability to effectively participate as a team player or leader
– Proven ability to work with a diverse technical workforce
Detailed Technical Skills:
– JAVA, HTML5, CSS, AJAX, JQuery, Webservices, JSF, JPA, Hibernate, SVN/Git, Eclipse, Postgresql, Jenkins, Liquibase, Selenium, tome, junit, SonarQube, FindBugs, lucid chart, Knowledge of Network/Firewall, Internal Controls Audit (e.g. SoX), Knowledge of SharePoint, EDI/Tibco
operates in a multicultural, global environment and is a richly diverse organization operating seamlessly as one company. We aim to attract, motivate and retain the best people in our industry, whatever their background. We share the same passion to deliver world-class solutions to our customers. We have the best supply chain professionals in the industry and develop this talent in an inspiring work environment.
Logistics is proud to be an equal opportunity work place and an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.