Careers Center | Java Engineer
Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Log back in!
Location US-CA-San Francisco
Job ID 35134
Developer must be technically strong in Java, design patterns, and best practices while displaying firm leadership skills. Leadership skills include coordinating developers, QA, and Network Operations, while working with Management to plan, schedule and deliver quality projects. Additionally, the candidate must show strong communication among business and I.T. groups, like facilitating cross-functional team efforts.
– Implements business projects on time and with high quality
– Follows standard development lifecycle
– Produces artifacts using UML wherever possible
– Writes and comments code to standards, implementing best practices, and ensure others adhere to these standards
– Analyzes requirements for completeness
– Develops design documents based on business requirements
– Works well with team members
– Delivers project plans to Development Manager
– Reports status to Development Manager
– 3+ years development experience in Java and Object Oriented Programming
– 2+ years in Java, JSP, J2EE, SQL, VXML, Web-services environment using Cisco CVP Call Studio
– 2+ years XML, XSL, XML Beans
– Experience integrating Cisco CVP applications with WebServices
– Knowledge of auto or homeowner Insurance industry and data elements (preferred)
– Strong MS SQL Server
– Familiarity with Eclipse, Maven, Subversion
– Familiarity with Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, Struts and Web Services
– Familiarity with test driven development
– Experience working in Agile methodology
– Strong understanding of software development process
– Focus on teamwork; able to collaborate with Business and QA staff on projects
– Must be able to perform under tight timeframes & execute problem-solving skills
– Good analysis and design skills, yet able to complete projects and tasks in a timely manner
– Excellent communication skills, including documentation: UML experience strongly desired
Experience / Education:
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent education required, a Master’s degree is preferred.
– 3 or more years of experience in software development required which includes experience with Eclipse & web
for this job online
Refer this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
on your newsfeed
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.
Your application choices are:
Software Powered by iCIMS
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.