Java Full Stack Engineer
Cognizant’s Digital Engineering practice is seeking a highly qualified Full Stack engineers with experience developing and building high-performing, scalable, enterprise applications. You will be part of a digital software team that works on high-demand applications. Our engineers have a passion for high-quality, reliable, and maintainable code. You will work side by side with product managers, designers, and clients, making decisions together to quickly deliver valuable working software to clients and their users. Our engineers are agile and retrospective, and not afraid to identify what we’re doing wrong, so we can fix it, and what we’re doing right, so we can improve on it. Above all, we judge success by the success of our team and the happiness of our customers.
Cognizant Digital Engineering If you’re like us, you’ve got big ideas. At Cognizant, we’re exploring new ideas every day. We help industry leading companies reinvent their business models and innovate products that create new value—by connecting people with things, insights and experiences. Cognizant digital engineering designs, engineers and delivers digital products and experiences that drive digital-first business models. We offer the most comprehensive digital engineering expertise and client-centric methodology for sustainable innovation.
You must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
· Responsible for delivering software using agile development practices with skill combination of Java, Spring Boot, Microservices, APIs, Cloud Platforms – PCF experience is must to have.
· Performing requirement analyses, driving discussion with Business or Product Manager
· Demonstrate sound knowledge of Industry best practices
· Comfortable estimating projects, user stories and actively participating in planning poker sessions
· Developing high-quality and detailed designs.
· Able to develop high quality code and assist junior developers
· Conducting unit testing using automated unit test frameworks.
· Identifying risk and conducting mitigation action planning.
· Peer Review the work of other developers and providing feedback – Knowledge / Working experience in Pair Programming environments
· Using coding standards and best practices to ensure quality.
· Provide expertise in the full software development lifecycle delivering high-volume, low-latency, scalable and reliable applications.
· Write well-designed, testable, efficient code.
· Ensure design follows specifications and deliver superior engineering outcomes.
· Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
· Work in a team environment. Mentor and coach, the team members.
· 6 to 14 years of experience in Java
· Minimum 3 years of experience in Microservices, Spring boot, 3 years of experience in PCF
· Degree in engineering, information systems or related.
· Extensive experience in the IT industry.
· Sound knowledge of estimation techniques.
· Experience working in Agile / Scrum
· Team player and a leader – able to handle teams working remotely
· Excellent knowledge of Java / full stack
· Excellent analytical skills.
· Exceptional communication skills.
· Highly proficient and hands-on experience in Java, Microservices, Spring Boot, API Development in cloud environments – PCF is mandatory.
· Experienced in application development using AWS or Azure or GCP (Certification desired – AWS/GCP/Azure).
· Working experience with DB2, SQL or NoSQL databases and any of the UI presentation frameworks
· Experienced in Agile – BDD/TDD/Crystal / Pair Programming/ Scrum / Kanban environments.
· Good understanding of DevOps concepts and process and CICD tools such as Jira Integrations, Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.
· Experience in using build/deploy tools such as Jenkins, Urban code deploy (UCD), Docker, PCF for Continuous Integration & Deployment for Microservices
· Knowledge of commonly used IDEs like Eclipse, IntelliJ, etc. and UNIX scripts.
· Expert in Object Oriented analysis and design with solid understanding of software design patterns.
· Willing to learn new technologies and enjoys working in a dynamic fast paced environment.
· Have an engineering and consulting mind-set to help clients reach their transformation goals.
· Experience in managing complete software development process from conception to deployment.
· Solid understanding of Agile methodology, estimation techniques and key ceremonies for effective management/collaboration.
· Has highly collaborative working style. Can build and lead a team of high performing engineers.
· Strong communication skills and participates actively in discussions with business stakeholders, architects, and the team members.
Why Choose Cognizant?
It takes a lot to succeed in today’s fast-paced market, and Cognizant Technology Solutions has become a leader in the industry. We love big ideas and even bigger dreams! We stand out because we put human experiences at the core. Our associates enjoy robust benefits and training opportunities from our industry-recognized, award-winning Academy team. You will have access to hundreds of technical trainings to keep your skillsets fresh and have opportunities to acquire certifications on the newest technologies.
Everything we do at Cognizant we do with passion—for our clients (fortune 100 companies), our communities, and our organization. It’s the defining attribute that we look for in our people.
If you love ambiguity, excited by change, and excel through autonomy, we’d love to hear from you!
About Cognizant Digital Engineering
Well-designed software transcends digital technology, going beyond the fulfillment of basic requirements to focus instead on human needs. Within Cognizant Digital Engineering, we help clients develop software products that transform human insights into tangible, production-ready digital solutions. We also work with our clients to scale their native cloud applications. Using insights from the lived experiences of our consumers, we seamlessly replace traditional service strategies with engaging, precise, and direct digital applications. Designing phenomenal software is vital to success in the digital economy—and we understand that a human-centric approach is key to this design.
Job Location : Richardson, Texas, United States || Chicago, Illinois, United States
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : May 05 2023
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Applicants may be required to attend interviews in person or by video conference. In addition, candidates may be required to present their current state or government issued ID during each interview.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.