What you'll do…
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will play a key role in acting as a tech lead for the scrum team. You'll spend your days in validating the requirements against the technical feasibility, providing feedback to architects, implementing the solution and mentoring couple of team members.
The Enterprise People Technology team supports the successful deployment and adoption of new People technology across the enterprise. As a Fortune #1 company, our work impacts millions of associates globally. We strive to continuously improve people technology and products to help managers and associates so they can focus on what matters most – supporting our customers and members. People Technology is one of the major segments of Walmart Global Tech's Enterprise Business Services, which is invested in building a compact, robust organization that includes service operations and technology solutions for Finance, People, and the Associate Digital Experience.
What you'll do:
• Propose & implement customized solutions in Workbrain, combined with the latest tech stack.
• Mentor the team and review their deliverables to be in alignment with the best practices for the global best practices of Workbrain customizations.
• Work closely with the Architects and follow established practices for the delivery of solutions meeting QCD (Quality, Cost & Delivery).
• Interact closely with Business owners and technical teams both within India and across the globe to collect the requirements and validate the solutions.
• Measure and improve Project/program performance, Operational performance and Portfolio performance using metrics/KPI's.
• Recommend improvements and drive alignment across teams
What you'll bring:
• 8+ years of experience in development or application support of highly – scalable applications and platform development in product based companies or R&D divisions.
• Good knowledge in WorkForce Management domain ,preferably in Workbrain or Kronos
• Should have functional expertise in all the Workbrain modules and good troubleshooting skills and analytical skills In for Workforce Management
• Good exposure to design, implement, Test and Deploy Workbrain modules
• Developing custom WorkbrainAPIs and functionalities
• Hands on development skills to prototype technical solutions.
• Demonstrated ownership for design of few modules/features in a product.
• Good in Java fundamentals and writing BDDs
• Working knowledge on Linux platform and good in scripting
• Knowledge on Restful/SOAP web services
• Working knowledge of SQLserver or any other database technologies
• Ability to adapt to change quickly, willingness to learn new and emerging technologies
• Knowledge on cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure, GCP etc
• Awareness of Agile (Scrum) methodologies
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world's leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, hybrid work:
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, software engineering, or related area and 3 years' experience in software engineering or related area.Option 2: 5 years' experience in software engineering or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.