Enterprise Advice team is building out a platform of APIs powered by micro services deployed in AWS to allow Employer to leverage its trusted advice and perspectives across the globe. This job will entail promoting new ways of building software at Employer, including practicing true product ownership, Lean Agile, and continuous delivery, and is aligned directly to one of Employer’s strategic focus areas.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Provides senior-level expertise in an initiative to build or re-platform select business services as APIs for internal and external consumption
* Defines the bounded context for conceptual API models. Writes specifications for APIs.
* Designs, builds, and maintains APIs in a cloud-based micro-services architecture. Re-platforms existing applications to API, cloud, and micro-services architecture with minimal impact to consuming applications.
* Provides leadership and guidance to a team on developing solutions that integrate with existing IT systems to satisfy business needs
* Develops automated tests for functional, performance, and security testing using TDD methodology
* Implements instrumentation for monitoring product health, business metrics, and consumption patterns
* Thoroughly understands and complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established milestones.
* Communicates with project manager on a frequent basis. Identifies tasks and issues that may have an impact on service levels or schedules. Provides realistic task and cost estimates. Screens resumes of team members, interviews, makes hiring and assignment recommendations, and provides development feedback.
IDEAL TECHNICAL BACKGROUND
* Experience with developing Java REST services Spring, Jersey
* Experience with test automation and test-driven development practices and frameworks mutation testing, functional testing (JUnit, Cucumber), mock frameworks (Mockito, etc.), contract testing
* Familiarity with DevOps concepts, tools and continuous delivery pipelines – Bamboo, Jenkins, Maven, Bitbucket, Jira, etc.
* Ability to implement instrumentation to gather business-specific metrics around consumer usage patterns
* Experience with API management platforms, design standards, patterns and best practices is a plus
* Knowledge of cloud/AWS development/engineering best practices is a plus
* Knowledge of cloud data stores is a plus S3, Dynamo DB and/or Amazon RDS
* Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
* 5+ years software engineering experience.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Strong, demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills.
* Strong planning and organizational skills.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.