Transform technology into opportunity as a Jr. Systems Administrator with GDIT. A career in enterprise IT means connecting and enhancing the systems that matter most. At GDIT you'll be at the forefront of innovation and play a meaningful part in improving how agencies operate.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Jr. Systems Administrator you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on TS/SCI cleared Jr. Systems Administrator joining our team to Support our intelligence customer in Springfield, VA.
HOW A JR SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
In this role, a typical day will include:
• Develops technical solution for the management for software, hardware, configurations, and architecture. Provides interpretation to Systems matters that are moderately complex in nature.
• Provide troubleshooting support for systems hardware and software issues that are highly complex.
• Train end users on the proper use of hardware and software. May training large groups of end users.
• Performs advance software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages.
• Applies advanced knowledge in monitoring and tuning the system to achieve optimum performance levels.
• Provides guidance to less experienced personnel on workstation/server data integrity matters and the implantation of standard software and hardware solutions.
• Leads complex data/media recoverability following a schedule of system backups and database archive operations.
• Conducts advanced to complex hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies and configurations guidelines.
• Recognized subject matter expert in job area typically through advanced education and work experience. Established operational plans. Manages large projects with limited oversight form manager.
• Evaluates and assesses existing systems and plans long term strategies.
• May coach and review the work of less-experienced professionals.
• May serve as a team or task leader (Not a people manager)
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
• BA/BS (or equivalent experience)
• 3+ years of experience
Location: On Company Site
US Citizenship Required
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
• 401K with company match
• Comprehensive health and wellness packages
• Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
• Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
• Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
• Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
Years of Experience
3 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
U.S. Citizenship Required
About Our Work
We are GDIT. A global technology and professional services company that delivers consulting, technology and mission services to every major agency across the U.S. government, defense and intelligence community. Our 30,000 experts extract the power of technology to create immediate value and deliver solutions at the edge of innovation. We operate across 30 countries worldwide, offering leading capabilities in digital modernization, AI/ML, Cloud, Cyber and application development. Together with our clients, we strive to create a safer, smarter world by harnessing the power of deep expertise and advanced technology.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.