Transform technology into opportunity as a Jr. Systems Administrator with GDIT. A career in enterprise IT means connecting and enhancing the systems that matter most. At GDIT you'll be at the forefront of innovation and play a meaningful part in improving how agencies operate.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Jr. Systems Administrator you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on TS/SCI cleared Jr. Systems Administrator joining our team to Support our intelligence customer in Suitland, MD.
HOW A JR SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
Maintains an organization's computer systems' workflows and is responsible for the upkeep, configuration and reliable operation of computer systems, As a Systems Administrator, you will work closely with both on-site and remote users to coordinate site visits and upgrades, provide on-site and remote resolution support for trouble calls, and provide TIER 1, 2/3 support of Unix/Windows workstations and servers, including Web servers, network attached storage devices, and stored data in support of business processing requirements.
*** SHIFT HOURS: 6am-2pm Sunday – Thursday***
• Systems administration of desktop and server systems connected to local and wide area networks. Desktop system management responsibilities involving account monitoring, security, Operating System (OS) installation, and other local area system administration related functions.
• Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems and management of system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems
• Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
• Provide Tier 1 , Tier 2 and Tier 3 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution
• Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
Provide Installation of PC hardware, Server hardware, and network connections
• Install/load operating system and application software using PowerShell, PDQ, or SCCM software deployment tools
• Isolate and resolve hardware and software problems involving the applications, the operating system, the hardware, the communications infrastructure, or any combination therefore
• Troubleshoot, maintain integrity and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
• Perform software installations and upgrades to Unix/Windows operating systems and layered software packages and maintains them in accordance with established policies, procedures, licensing, and service level agreements; evaluation and installation of software/hardware patches and resolution of software related problems associated with COTS/GOTS products
• Create and follow procedures to maintain and manage multiple linked databases including security, data safety and integrity, disaster recovery, and bulk data import/exports.
• Conduct routine and emergency maintenance of assigned data center equipment
• Communicate/coordinate scheduled preventive maintenance windows with potentially impacted customers
• Collaborate and contribute to the development, administration, and testing of backup and recovery plans
• Ensure systems are secure to STIG guidelines and security patches by reviewing ACAS scans and working with ISSO's to mitigate findings
• Maintain operational, configuration, and other standard operating procedures (SOPs)
• Verify system availability with existing Enterprise tools
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Bachelor's Degree and 3 years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and years of experience.
- Must have Security+ certification or DoD 8570 Level II equivalent within 90 days of hire
- TS/SCI Clearance required and eligibility to obtain CI Poly
- UNIX, Windows, and/or Storage administration
- Experience working with trouble ticket reporting and tracking systems such as Seice+
- Ability to respond to after hour calls "provide on-call support"
- Ability to travel 0-20% to local area sites as well as other locations with similar architecture/footprint.
- Ability to complete shift work with schedule flexibility to support a 24hour / 365day operations site
- Strong documentation skills, experience work with MS office products especially Excel, Outlook, and word.
- Strong customer support skills providing support to end users
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
The employee will need to be able to lift/move/carry equipment as necessary (max 65 pounds)
• Experience in the imagery intelligence domain a plus
• Ability to create and modify scripts in multiple disciplines on Windows, Linux, and Solaris systems
• Knowledge of the Customer's processes and procedures and of the Customer's production systems a plus
• Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Ability to function as a team member and independently
• Prefer skills in one or more of the following: Window Server, Red Hat, IRIX, Solaris, Sybase, Informix, SQL, and Imagery Production Chain
• General knowledge of database administration, network administration and possess network configuration management skills.
• Must have a valid US passport
Location: On Customer Site
US Citizenship Required
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
• 401K with company match
• Comprehensive health and wellness packages
• Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
• Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
• Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
• Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
Years of Experience
3 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
U.S. Citizenship Required
About Our Work
We are GDIT. A global technology and professional services company that delivers consulting, technology and mission services to every major agency across the U.S. government, defense and intelligence community. Our 30,000 experts extract the power of technology to create immediate value and deliver solutions at the edge of innovation. We operate across 30 countries worldwide, offering leading capabilities in digital modernization, AI/ML, Cloud, Cyber and application development. Together with our clients, we strive to create a safer, smarter world by harnessing the power of deep expertise and advanced technology.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.