Leidos has openings for a Network Engineer for JRSS in Pearl Harbor, HI.
Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) is partnering with the U.S. Army and Air Force to fundamentally change the way the Department of Defense (DoD) secures and protects its information networks by deploying Joint Regional Security Stacks (JRSS). Joint Regional Security Stacks (JRSS) are designed for security of the network to be centralized into regional architectures instead of locally distributed architectures at each military base, post, camp or station.
- Assists with planned ASIs and routine network maintenance in adherence with DISA Change Management process.
- Works with DISA mission partners and DISA customers for the resolution of network based issues.
- Functioning as a liaison to DISA Watch Officers and DISA manager for updates and status of high priority trouble tickets and ASIs.
- Processes and resolves escalated trouble tickets from Tier I in accordance with GSM-O SLA and ALP metrics.
- Maintains network connectivity in a community based BGP architecture that leans heavily on VRF technologies and mBGP.
- Maintains and troubleshoots network protocols, specifically BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, IPSEC, DMVPN, and HSRP.
- Maintenance of routing protocols including EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, and implementation of access control lists in different environments.
- Operates various types of routing and switching protocols (VPN, VRF, VLAN, BGP, and HSRP).
- Maintains performance, availability, and security of the JRSS network architecture.
- Assists with analysis of network and telecommunications alarms to identify potential issues.
- Identifies and documents network incidents and changes in accordance with the ITSM framework.
- Provides engineering support and advanced technical operational support to the Defense Information Systems Network by installing and configuring network devices such as firewalls, routers, and security sensors to resolve incidents and maintain security posture in accordance with STIG guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical discipline with 4-6 years of overall related experience. Specific experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Must hold DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE, CISSP, or equivalent) prior to start date.
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance.
- Hands-on experience with the following technologies: WAN IP routing protocols, MPLS, IPsec, VOIP/EVOIP, traffic shaping, firewalls (e.g. Cisco ASA, Palo Alto, Juniper), IPS/IDS systems, load balancers, and/or WAN traffic acceleration.
- IPV6 configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience.
- Proven experience with networking protocols to include IPsec, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, and QoS.
- Proven technical hands-on experience working in an enterprise environment (static routes, VRFs, route maps, redistribution).
- Proven experience conducting the following: performance management, fault management, Local Area Network (LAN) maintenance.
- Layer 2/3 VPN and Firewall knowledge and experience.
- General knowledge of Software-Defined Networking (SDN).
- Ability to perform on-call duties as required for the program.
Pay Range $65,000.00 – $100,000.00 – $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.