The Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) currently has an opening for an Electro-Optics Test Engineer to join our team at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, OH. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a multi-disciplinary team that collaborates closely with Government researchers to design and perform a variety of electro-optical experiments for an applied R&D contract. Experiments are primarily laboratory-based, with some field testing.
- Perform requirements definition for testbeds and test equipment for a variety of electro-optical experiments, based on provided test objectives.
- Design, procure parts for, build, align and calibrate custom testbeds and test equipment.
- Design, procure parts for, build, and test instrument control and data acquisition hardware.
- Modify and develop data acquisition tools using software such as LabVIEW.
- Modify and develop data reduction and analysis tools using software such as MATLAB.
- The ideal candidate will work independently as well as with a team, learn new skills quickly, demonstrate excellent communication and problem-solving skills, be organized, detail-oriented, careful, flexible, and self-motivated with a can-do attitude.
- Bachelor's degree in electro-optics, physics, electrical engineering, systems engineering, or equivalent related field with less than 2 years of relevant experience.
- U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain a Secret security clearance.
- Experience with the following: operating electro-optical equipment such as, sources, detectors, sensors, lasers, cameras, calibration equipment; collecting, analyzing, and interpreting data; documenting test results and generating reports; performing computer-based data acquisition and analysis.
- Experience with analytical software such as MATLAB, Mathcad, or Mathematica.
- Proficiency with MS Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
You’ll really WOW us if you have one or more of the following:
- Experience with LabVIEW.
- Experience is desired in testbed design, build, alignment, and calibration; data acquisition development; and test planning, data collection, and test reporting.
Pay Range $53,300.00 – $96,350.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.