GDIT is seeking a Junior Network Engineer to join our Defense Logistics Agency Information (DLA) Operations Enterprise Enclave (IOEE) and Information Secure Enterprise Enclave (IOSEE) Engineering Support Services program in Springfield, VA. This is a HYBRID position, reporting into the office 1x a week. Travel is also required for this role (CONUS & OCONUS).
HOW OUR NETWORK ENGINEER WILL MAKE AN IMPACT:
- Provides engineering support for agency enterprise network solutions.
- Supports network engineering design and the implementation of technology refreshes across the DLA enterprise, consisting of over two hundred sites.
- Planning, performing, and documenting laboratory assessments of hardware and software for both the classified and unclassified DISN Services to ensure proper connectivity and operations between the DLA WAN, IOEE/IOSEE and DISA's NOCs.
- Ensuring interoperability between DLA WAN, IOEE/IOSEE and DISN network equipment and services.
- Planning and tracking of implementation tasks.
- Creating necessary supporting configuration artifacts such as network maps, detailed designs, test plans, operations readiness test reports, device configurations, and maintenance processes and procedures.
- Monitoring and completion of assigned tasks, projects, work orders, incidents.
- The selected candidate will also review industry and government data relative to technology changes affecting the DISN and commercial telecommunications sector and provide preliminary design and implementation data to support the strategic planning process.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO SUCCEED – REQUIRED:
- Valid US Passport.
- Security Clearance: Active Secret with SSBI or Top Secret clearance
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
- Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent years of work experience in lieu of degree.
- Year's Experience: 3+ years of progressive technology and network engineering experience.
- Technical Skills:
- Network engineering experience in unclassified and classified environments.
- Familiarity with Standard LAN/WAN protocols, BGP, MPLS and LDP in a service provider environment.
- Network design, installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting.,
- Device configuration (Multi-vendor environment).
- Wired, wireless, voice, and video technologies.
- Skills and Abilities: Ability to manage multiple assigned projects and report status and implementation plans.
- Location: HYBID. Remote work, onsite support (1x/wk) and travel to DLA sites within CONUS/OCONUS. Travel is at least 50%.
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
• Full-flex work week to own your priorities at work and at home
• 401K with company match
• Comprehensive health and wellness packages
• Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
• Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
• Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
• Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
Years of Experience
3 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
CompTIA – Security+ CE – CompTIA
U.S. Citizenship Required
About Our Work
We are GDIT. A global technology and professional services company that delivers consulting, technology and mission services to every major agency across the U.S. government, defense and intelligence community. Our 30,000 experts extract the power of technology to create immediate value and deliver solutions at the edge of innovation. We operate across 30 countries worldwide, offering leading capabilities in digital modernization, AI/ML, Cloud, Cyber and application development. Together with our clients, we strive to create a safer, smarter world by harnessing the power of deep expertise and advanced technology.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.