We are searching for creative software developers to join one of our cornerstone business solutions teams supporting a classified customer. On this program, we are undertaking an aggressive talent and DevOps transformation which builds on the success of our web based services. Our world-class teams embrace Agile values and use Agile driven software development cycle with continuous integration to develop software applications. We are looking for developers with a genuine passion to learn, create quality solutions, and solve tough challenges.
You will be challenged to create and to innovate. You will deliver functional requirements and technical solutions by coordinating with product owners, product teams, and IT cross functional groups. You will be responsible for designing, developing, testing (automation), deploying, and self-documenting working software. The successful candidate will bring strong critical thinking skills and impeccable judgement to prioritize multiple efforts and make a long-lasting impact for our customer.
What You’ll Do:
– Work on everything from backend, to user-interfaces, and content management, to messaging and web services.
– You’ll design, code, test, and deploy systems.
– Solve complex and challenging business problems with cutting edge technologies.
– We constantly challenge our beliefs, assumptions, process and products with a prescient eye to the industry.
– ‘You build it, you own it’ – Provide support to identify, resolve and communicate impacts to the business.
Typical Education & Experience Typically a Bachelor’s Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experienceRequired Skills and Education
– Must possess an active Intel Clearance with a favorable polygraph. Will not be considered without it.
– 4+ years of experience with several frameworks including some of the following: Angular2, Spring, Struts, Grails, Hibernate, JPA
– Experience with build tools including Maven and Gradle
– Practical understanding of object-oriented, multi-threaded, and asynchronous programming
– Excellent debugging and problem solving skills
– Experience with Agile methodologies
Preferred Skills and Education
– Experience with CSS (2 or 3) and HTML (5)
– Experience with Apache Tomcat, Jetty, and OpenSSL
– AWS experience
– Working knowledge of GitHub using pull requests, feature branching and code versioning
– Working knowledge of Jenkins for build/test/delivery automation
– Working knowledge of Test Driven Development including unit test creation
– Working knowledge with scripting languages (Bash, Powershell, Python)
– Practical experience with application performance monitoring tools and analysis (Nagios, AppDynamics, or CloudWatch)
– Working knowledge of service oriented architecture (SOA), RESTful web services, API development, and Messaging (JMS, SQS)
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we dofrom intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit ****************** and follow us on Facebook: *********************************
on Company Website
Job ID: 40863BR
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
BAE Systems is a global defence, aerospace and security company employing around 83,400 people worldwide. Our wide-ranging products and services cover air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services. We provide some of the world’s most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions and employ a skilled workforce of some 83,400 people in over 40 countries. Working with customers and local partners, we develop, engineer, manufacture and support products and systems to deliver military capability, protect national security and people and keep critical information and infrastructure secure. Contact Info
– Herndon, VA 20191
View Company Profile
Don’t miss out on new jobs like this
Get the latest jobs delivered to your inbox. Unsubscribe at any time.
Create Job Alert
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.
Maximum Email Alerts
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.