Job Description The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) of the U.S. Department of Labor is the principal federal agency responsible for measuring labor market activity, working conditions, and price changes in the economy
BAE Systems is seeking a Software Engineer to provide web development support to the Division of Enterprise Web Services.
– Work on one or more teams responsible for developing applications for supporting web-based data collection and data dissemination;
– Write secure software (front-end and back-end) for use by the public;Develop and conduct unit tests plans supporting agreed upon requirements;
– Write systems documentation to facilitate systems maintenance;
Typical Education & Experience Typically a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experienceRequired Skills and Education
– Solid analytical and problem solving skills.
– Good oral and written communication skills, both technical and business focused.
Preferred Skills and Education
– 1-2 years experience with frameworks such as Spring and tools such as ant and Maven
– Experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Python and Ruby.
– Experience with AJAX and scaling issues of public facing websites and applications.
– Experience working with automated software unit and functional testing (JUnit, HTMLUnit, etc)
– Knowledgeable of database technologies (Oracle preferred)
– Knowledgeable of Object-Relational Mapping tools (Hibernate, JPA, ActiveRecord, etc).
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we dofrom intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit ****************** and follow us on Facebook: *********************************
Apply on Company Website
Job ID: 41747BR
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
BAE Systems is a global defence, aerospace and security company employing around 83,400 people worldwide. Our wide-ranging products and services cover air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services. We provide some of the world’s most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions and employ a skilled workforce of some 83,400 people in over 40 countries. Working with customers and local partners, we develop, engineer, manufacture and support products and systems to deliver military capability, protect national security and people and keep critical information and infrastructure secure. Contact Info
– Washington, DC
View Company Profile
Don’t miss out on new jobs like this
Get the latest jobs delivered to your inbox. Unsubscribe at any time.
Create Job Alert
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.
Maximum Email Alerts
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.