Careers Center | Junior Software Engineer
Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Log back in!
Junior Software Engineer
Location US-VA-Glen Allen
Employment Type Contract
Experience Level Mid Level
Position Description/Responsibilities (CCC/Vendor)
Computer Aid is seeking a .NET developer with approximately 1-2 years of experience. This position is responsible to assist with design and construction of foundational components for next generation of software. This role requires a blend of technical skills and hands-on development. A strength in Computer Science Fundamentals are a must.
Hands-on development using Microsoft .Net Framework with C#, and VB.
* Hands-on development of WebServices using Rest API.
*Uses Dependency Injection Framework such as Ninject to create flexible processes that can be easily configured for different client needs.
*Practices Test Driven Development and writes unit tests as part of code delivery.
*Conducts system design review.
*Maintains and follows team development standards, and conducts code review for work from other
*Hands-on design and development databases models, familiar with DB related technologies such as stored procedures, functions, and performance tuning techniques.
*Participates in Sprint planning sessions, working closely with all scrum team members to analyze and deliver solutions for time critical issues to meet SLAs while ensuring quality of deliverables.
*Delivers solutions/fixes using disciplined processes, adhering to industry standards and best practices, including complete ease with agile development methods throughout the SDLC.
*Supports enterprise level software infrastructure for external clients.
*Resolves customer complaints and responds with suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
* Be an advocate for SOA, EDA based design. Rest Web Services using Web API. Queue based processing using any messaging technologies such as RabbitMQ, MSMQ etc.
*Works with technical staff to analyze and understand problems with complex software systems and
*Works with QA Engineers for quality review and signoff, before deployment to client environments.
Position Requirements/Technical Skills (CCC/Vendor)
*EMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS – EDUCATION OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree in Software/Computer/Electrical Engineering field. Relevant combination of education
and experience may be considered in lieu of degree. Continuous learning, as defined by the Company’s
learning philosophy, is required. Certification or progress toward certification is highly preferred and
*EXPERIENCE: 1 – 2 years experience in an engineering environment with demonstrated technical experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities.
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
* Ability to work with and empower others on a collaborative basis to ensure success of unit team.
* Ability to work independently with some guidance.
* Ability to work out differences of opinions and publish scalable and
quality system design based on specification.
* Ability to effectively exchange information, in verbal or written form, by sharing ideas, reporting facts
and other information, responding to questions and employing active listening techniques.
* Must be comfortable to conduct full stack development.
* Ability to conduct effective development in a fast pace team setting and deliver under a tight deadline,
both independently and leading a team.
* Hands on development experiences using C# or any advanced languages.
* Hands on development experiences with Dependency Injection and Test Driven Development
* Knowledge of OOAD and multi-tier architectures, including MVC/MVP/MVVM design patterns.
is strongly preferred.
* Some experience with RDBMS (Oracle 10g/11g, MS SQL 2005/2008), including database design,developing stored procedures and functions, and performance tuning.
* Working experiences with SQL databases such as MongoDB, Azure CosmosDB, AWS DynamoDB are a strong plus.
* Tracking record to develop and maintain large scale, high performing, high transactional systems.
* Demonstrated expertise tuning web applications from top to bottom.
* NET, user controls, custom controls, and *******, AJAX. OOAD and n-tier architectures (MVC/MVP/MVVM design patterns).
* Strong analytical, problem solving and planning skills.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
* Flexibility to adapt readily to changing business needs.
* Enthusiastic, can-do attitude with the drive to learn and improve.
* Must have knowledge of Agile Methodologies.
Company Overview (CCC Only)
Computer Aid, Inc. (CAI) is an innovative solutions company managing engagements with numerous Fortune 1000 companies and government agencies. CAI is headquartered in Allentown, Pennsylvania with a staff of over 4,200 professionals working at locations around the world in a variety of industries. Our services leverage technology to provide outstanding customer experiences that generate new value for our clients, our employees, and our greater communities.
CAI is building a culture of continued learning, support, and personal development in a collegial environment. We also strive to make a positive impact on our surrounding communities through various outreach programs. We make a positive difference for our associates and the communities in which we serve.
Our mission: Provide industry-leading services and an incredible workplace for our associates, while making an impact on our communities. For more information on our professionals, services, and industries we support, please see our website ***************.
It is the policy of Computer Aid, Inc.(CAI) not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of CAI to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.
Employees and applicants of CAI will not be subject to harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited.
Status of Your Application:
for this job online
Refer this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.