Located in the U.S. and a subsidiary of Kongsberg Maritime, Hydroid is the world’s most trusted manufacturer of advanced Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs). Our marine robotics systems provide innovative and reliable full-picture solutions for the marine research, defense, hydrographic and offshore/energy markets. Our products represent the most advanced, diversified and field-proven family of AUVs and AUV support systems in the world.
Hydroid employees are passionate about their work and strive to produce top-quality products and service. All products are designed and manufactured at the Hydroid facilities in Pocasset, MA.
Support an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to a variety of efforts relating to technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Under the supervision of the senior Systems Engineer, this person will work closely with the engineering team to transfer product definitions into verified specifications that result in successfully released existing and new products.
- Performs analyses at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, and maintenance.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Develops test plans to support verification of requirements.
- Assists with coordination and collection of system level quotes for proposal development.
- Demonstrates attention to detail and develops and maintains accurate documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS in Engineering from four-year College or university or equivalent with a minimum of 3 years related and/or training experience or equivalent combination of education and experience with design of complex systems.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience with System Design methodologies, including requirements management and overall system design.
- Underwater manufacturing or manufacturing experience is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite. Experience with IBM DOORS Requirements Management software desired.
A condition of this position will require the successful Applicant to pass a government security investigation and must subsequently receive authorization to access US Department of Defense Controlled Unclassified Information (“CUI”) and potentially classified information.
We offer a very competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including 75% company paid medical and dental insurance. The company also offers paid Life, STD, LTD, tuition reimbursement and 401K with company match, and more.
Hydroid is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/AA/M/F/V/D Employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need assistance with the application process as a result of your disability please call 1-508-563-6565 or mail your request to 1 Henry Drive, Pocasset, MA 02559, Attn: Employment Application Assistance.
Don’t forget to check us out here!
** Click APPLY to show link to read full job details **
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.