Based in Louisville, KBD is a growing branding and web agency that partners primarily with venture capital firms and enterprise technology companies to build compelling brands and cutting edge digital experiences. We typically create 15-20 medium sized, B2B sites per year with a very small team for extremely high profile clients. We are looking to expand our web development team immediately to accommodate for increasing demand.
KBD offers a unique opportunity to interact with some of the world’s hottest technology companies and venture capital firms. Expectations are high, but you’ll learn a lot and the perks are great, including extremely competitive salaries, 3 weeks paid time off to start, 100% paid health benefits, an awesome office in the Highlands, 6-week parental leave, a fully stocked bar and lots of snacks. Plus, talented colleagues and amazing clients.
What You’ll Do:
· Build responsive WordPress themes from scratch, and maintain previously built sites
· Build reusable code and libraries for future use
· Familiarity with ACF
· Write and maintain clean and composed CSS/SASS
· Q/A and cross browser test sites
· Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
· Communicate clearly with the design team and development team, as well as project stakeholders
· Setup a basic web server
· Build flexible email templates in multiple environments
What You Bring to the Table:
· Minimum 2-3 years of front-end development experience, with demonstrated work building in WordPress
· Familiarity with responsive design, cross browser and device testing
· Experience with Git
· Experience with command line (SSH) and web servers: Nginx and Apache
· Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
· Experience writing flexible email templates in integrated marketing management frameworks (Marketo, Hubspot, etc.)
· Basic knowledge of image authoring tools (Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator), to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image.
· Keen sense of aesthetic
· Detail oriented
· Bonus points for familiarity with static site generators
· Flexible, adaptive, and able to thrive in a collaborative startup environment
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com