You’ve got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we’re committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you’ll be one of over 200,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 154 countries. With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there’s no limit to the impact you can make. Let’s do this.
Overview Of The Opportunity
KPMG’s Tax Transformation and Technology Practice is looking for a talented Senior Developer with strong technical and coaching background to join the growing internal software team. You will lead the design and architecture of web applications coaching a team of more junior developers to engineer, scale, and optimize web applications, eventually growing the team capability to deliver SaaS products to global clients.
Why join the Tax Transformation and Technology Practice
• Competitive compensation package, with bonus, pension matching and flexible benefits
• Commitment to learning and development
• An opportunity to solve real problems by building products from the ground up
• You love coaching and mentoring others and working collaboratively with link minded entrepreneurs
• Thrive in a “Start-up culture” vibe
What You Will Do
• Lead and drive overall software development life-cycle to build the product from the ground up, through deployment,
• Create and design the roadmaps to build client facing applications
• Coach the more junior team members to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
• Build products so that they are scalable, creating frameworks and libraries that can be leveraged to make building new products faster
• Propose and implement new projects or recommend system improvements.
• Bring innovative ideas to the table every day, in order to find better ways of accomplishing our goals
• Driving growth in the areas of innovation, leading learning and experimenting in the latest and greatest spaces such as AI, ML, NLP and Blockchain. Bringing them into our products and development standards
• This role is 60% design and architecture, 40% hands on delivery What you bring to the role
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related technical discipline
• Strong experience in architecting the back end, building API layers
• You’ve been through enough design sessions where you can coach others
• You have been through the end-to-end development lifecycle from requirements gathering to deployment/rollout
• Experience deploying sites and web applications to clients understand the security requirements and implications
• Deep technical expertise and strong problem-solving and data analysis skills
• A thorough understanding of software development in a team and a strong track record of shipping software Keys to your success
• You are hungry to coach and lead others
• Have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. Our Values, The KPMG Way We lead by example | We work together | We respect the individual We seek the facts and provide insight | We are open and honest in our communication We are committed to our communities | Above all, we act with integrity KPMG is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. KPMG encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants’ disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact the HR Shared Service Centre by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 (Option 1). KPMG will consult with all applicants with disabilities who request accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure that the accommodation provided takes into account the applicant’s individual accessibility needs. Auto req ID 25153BR Job Function Tax Service Line Tax Transformation & Technology Industry Not Applicable Category Computers
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.