Pacific Life is investing in bright, agile and diverse talent to contribute to our mission of innovating our business and creating a superior customer experience. We’re actively seeking a talented Lead API Engineer, Workforce Benefits to join our Workforce Benefits Technology team in Newport Beach, CA. This role can be on-site, hybrid or 100% remote (depending on location).
Reporting to the Head of Data and Integrations, this Lead API Engineer will partner with our functional areas and corporate teams to mature our technical integration capabilities and deliver a highly integrated framework of solution providers for Workforce Benefits. This lead engineer will be responsible for the design and delivery of architecture, patterns, and technology solutions to integrate SaaS systems and partner solutions within the Workforce Benefits technology ecosystem to stream and exchange files of structured and unstructured data. This role will serve as a valued partner across Workforce Benefits functions to create real-time, fast, scalable access to data, to satisfy the integration needs of the division.
Some of the characteristics of a successful candidate for this role include:
- Being a results-focused, highly collaborative team member, who is not afraid to challenge the status-quo, but also able to check their ego at the door and listen to other perspectives.
- Having technical depth and experience with contemporary integration technologies, including data and application integrations, in a hybrid on-prem/cloud technology landscape.
- Prior success with implementation of an API and/or event-based integration architecture
- Knowledge of contemporary integration styles, protocols, and technologies, such as RESTful APIs, event-based integration, Informatica, Mulesoft, BizTalk, and/or AWS integration services.
How you will make an impact:
- Serve as ‘product owner’ for the Workforce Benefits integration ecosystem, working collaboratively across Distribution, Underwriting, Pricing, Operations, Finance, and Claims division to identify, prioritize, and plan the maturation of integration capabilities that translates our customer objective into action.
- Develop IT architecture solutions to tackle critical business problems and build integration-related technologies to meet business requirements related to internal system and external customer and partner integrations.
- Establish and build processes and structures based on business and technical requirements to channel data from multiple inputs, route appropriately and store using any combination of distributed (cloud) structures, local databases, and other applicable storage forms
- Responsible for developing and maintaining the frameworks, reference model, and technology standards related to integration technologies that are used to manage the implementation of technical solutions.
- Partner with the technology platform owners to develop and plan the roadmap for technical platform services that support integration priorities.
- Establish and maintain the catalog of enterprise integration points, including external partners and service providers as well as internally re-usable APIs and other integration resources.
- Work with solution providers to ensure the integrity and automated flow of data to internal and external customers. Identifies, analyzes and resolves system design weaknesses.
- Form and enact integration governance principles across Workforce Benefits to ensure consistency, compatibility and application of integration standards.
- Research developments in integration related technology, determines business requirements, proposes changes, and develops migration and implementation plans
The experience you will bring:
- 10+ years of experience with enterprise-level integration architecture
- 5+ years of hands-on integration experience, and direct experience with on-prem and cloud-based integrations
- Strong working knowledge of current integration styles, technologies, and platforms.
- BS in Computer Science or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
What will make you stand out:
- 5+ years of experience using streaming and file transfer technologies including APIs, Mulesoft, and Control-M
- 3+ years of experience in Group Benefits insurance data domains, including Distribution, Product, Underwriting, Enrollment, Billing, and Claims
- 3+ years experience with cloud technologies such as Snowflake and AWS related to data and integrations
Base Pay Range:
The base pay range noted provides a basis to determine the appropriate offer dependent upon several factors including but not limited to geographic location, experience, skills, education and pay equity. Also, most employees are eligible for additional incentive pay.
$152,600.00 – $190,700.00 – $267,000.00
Your Benefits Start Day 1
Your wellbeing is important to Pacific Life, and we’re committed to providing you with flexible benefits that you can tailor to meet your needs. Whether you are focusing on your physical, financial, emotional, or social wellbeing, we’ve got you covered.
Prioritization of your health and well-being including Medical, Dental, Vision, and Wellbeing Reimbursement Account that can be used on yourself or your eligible dependents
Generous paid time off options including: Paid Time Off, Holiday Schedules, and Financial Planning Time Off
Paid Parental Leave as well as an Adoption Assistance Program
Competitive 401k savings plan with company match and an additional contribution regardless of participation
Pacific Life Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at Pacific Life Insurance Company.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.