Make a global impact while leading technological initiatives.
Sodexo is currently seeking a Lead Applications Developer to support our Schools and University Segments. It is preferred for this candidate to reside on the East Coast</strong>; this role will be performed virtually and other remote work locations will be considered.
The Lead Applications Developer performs diverse duties that include:
- Application design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation.
- Position must be able to develop functional enhancements, upgrades to the system, help define test conditions and develop test plans, work closely with the development teams and various business users to test new software programs/applications, troubleshoot and resolve issues, develop documentation and training materials, translate business needs into written requirements.
- Must have strong system design and development skills in financial applications with solid Microsoft .Net skills.
- Devise or modify procedures to solve complex problems considering platform, application, and equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
- Has full technical knowledge of all phases of applications programming.
- Also has duties instructing, directing and checking the work of other programming personnel and for quality assurance review.
- Position is responsible for directing and monitoring the work of team members, and coordinating application development with vendor(s).
- Acting as technical liaison to Director of Digital Engagement, IS&T, finance and corporate security.
- Minimum of 3 Years of Experience in Client-facing Technical Consulting, Developing, and Implementing Complex Solutions using Internet and Web Technology ;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Equivalent Experience; Services -> Professional Services Consultant, Professional Services Manager, Technical Consultant
- Any Data Modeling, Software Design Patterns and experience working in an Agile Scrum environment helpful.
- Experience with Front-end Java Development (JSP, JSTL);
- Experience with Front and Back End .NET development (C#) , XML and XSLT knowledge are useful;
- Preferred Experience in NopCommerce or other Ecommerce Application Development.
- Experience with mobile application development and ecommerce including PCI compliance standards and security protocol;
- Preferred Experience with Ecommerce plug-ins and API integrations: UPS/shipping, Vertex/tax software, Payment Gateways
- Development Experience in SDL Tridion or One or More of the Following Web Content Management Products: SiteCore – Vignette – Fatwire – Day – Joomla – Sharepoint;
- Manage requested features/enhancements for review, assess and communicate development efforts and time estimates for implementation;
- Perform research against current technologies and applications for integration into the tool to ensure application sustainability;
- Excellent Communicator (verbal & written), Including Presentations and Training;
- Ability to Manage Multiple Priorities;
- Project Oversight and Management; Coordinate, Manage and Communicate Schedule of Application Deployment through Development, to QA, to Production between Internal and Vendor Developers;
- The Lead Product Developer position will require occasional travel up to 6 meetings per year. This travel may be to Buffalo, or may be to West Coast depending on the needs for collaboration and development processes.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we have numerous IS&T positions that support this and other initiatives with similar goals. Continue your search for IS&T jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities. Our IS&T team supports 13,000 locations across North America and collaborates with the entire Sodexo Group, spanning 72 countries. Sodexo empowers its employees who have developed a thorough understanding of the organization to create their own career path.
What We Offer:
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Top level technical expert in one or more highly specialized areas of applications systems analysis and programming. Acts independently under general direction. Provides technical leadership on complex projects. May act as expert in business or functional area. Formulates/defines system scope and objectives. Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time and form of desired results. Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written. Responsible for program design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation. Has full technical knowledge of all phases of applications systems analysis and programming. May be responsible for multiple phases of a project. May have duties instructing, directing, and checking the work of other applications systems analysis and programming personnel.
Qualifications & Requirements:
Basic Education Requirement – Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Functional Experience – 3 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.