The Data Science team builds the end-to-end systems and tools that democratizes machine learning to meet the needs of business by partnering with key internal and external stakeholders to enable data scientists to build and deploy machine learning solutions at scale. Role Description: Responsible for leveraging internal and external data to provide insights and information which supports a facts-based decision making process. Provides input into strategy, analysis methods, and tool selection. Works independently with minimal-to-no supervision while also demonstrating the ability to lead projects and initiatives autonomously. The team is composed of experts in AI, deep learning, data-structures, algorithms, distributed systems, and system performance and analysis. The systems that the team builds get used across the multitude of Comcast data science based services and deployments.
- With minimal supervision, interpret problems and handle short term tasks using existing procedures and framework. Provide solutions to business problems by leveraging data analysis, data mining, optimization tools, machine learning techniques and statistical methods such as clustering, regression and classification.
- Work with large, noisy, and complex datasets to produce meaningful analysis of historical patterns of customer behaviors and product performance
- Apply scientific techniques to data evaluation, performing statistical inference and data mining
- Uses analytical rigor and statistical methods to analyze large amounts of data, extracting actionable insights using advanced statistical techniques such as data analysis, data mining, optimization tools and machine learning techniques and statistics (e.g., predictive models, LTV, propensity models).
- Build customer centric models and optimization tools to support large scale projects that utilize online & offline data, structured & unstructured data, set top box data and media/behavioral/attitudinal data.
- Researching and implementing algorithms and data-structures for our platform
- Work closely with data warehouse architects and software developers to generate seamless data science solutions for deployment.
- Document and present the data analysis and its conclusions for assessment by full-performance analysts, developers, and their managers.
- Interacts with product and service teams to identify questions and issues for data analysis and experiments.
- Develops and codes software programs, algorithms and automated processes to cleanse, integrate and evaluate large datasets from multiple disparate sources.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Experience articulating complex business questions for non-technical audience and using mathematical techniques to arrive at an answer using available data.
- Experience translating analysis results into business recommendations
- Proven skills in selecting the right statistical tools given a data analysis problem.
- Deep Learning and ML methodologies competence
- Ability to lead data science teams and choreograph delivery
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in easy-to-understand terminology
- Team player with a 'can-do' attitude
- Lean-forward bias to find opportunities and drive results
- Ability to work effectively across functions, disciplines, and levels
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Drive results and growth.
Preferred Education Level:
– Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Operations Research or other quantitative field.
– Requires 7-10 years relevant experience.
Disclaimer:This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.