Responsible for coordinating the operation of complex data base files. Performs all aspects of database administration including: scheduling work, training staff, hardware and software evaluation and installation, logical and physical database design and implementation, structured testing of database designs, security administration, backup and recovery planning, performance and tuning, research and evaluation of new tools and techniques, and development of policies, standards, and procedures. Works closely with the development and testing teams and supports the activities of principle engineers, developers and software testers for new application deployment and sustained engineering of existing applications. Participates with the implementation and support of development systems, QA systems, and production systems at data centers, including all network- and systems- related infrastructure components. Acts as a technical expert in own area within the organization. May work independently or as part of a team on more complex projects. Provides mentoring and guidance to more junior team members. May be responsible for leading a team, but does not directly manage people.
- Oversees the development and implementing of databases that address current and future business needs. Ensures the maintenance of hardware platforms to perform at optimum response, capacity planning, and implementation of new databases due to conversion
- Oversees the database administration function, and ensures smooth transition to new technology.
- Leads a task force to develop and implement a database that addresses current and future business needs. Maintains hardware platforms to perform at optimum response; maintains capacity planning and implements new databases due to conversions.
- Develops and implements complex data models and logical database designs. Oversees the design/tune, and maintains and supports database systems for high available, high-volume internet applications.
- Manages and tests backup and recovery plans and improves disaster recovery plans.
- Develops and implements plans to oversee the database administration function and ensures smooth transition to new technology. Provides recommendations on database technologies and features.
- Communicates and understands impact of database changes and status to affected parties and designs appropriate solutions. Provides updates in database technologies and trends.
- Develops database technology standards and associated documentation.
- Works with the network and security teams to ensure database adherence to security standards.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
10 Years +
Pay Range: $140,247.12 – $210,370.68
Comcast intends to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.