Job Description BAE Systems FAST LabsTM is looking for Lead Electrical Hardware Engineer to support the FAST LabsTM research and development business area within Electronic Systems. Working within the FAST LabsTM business area you will have the opportunity innovate science, technology, and engineering breakthroughs for some of the toughest and most exciting technology challenges in the defense, aerospace, power, propulsion, and security industries.
Our research and development focus areas are the following:
– Advanced electronics, where we creates components for next generation RF, EOIR sensors, EW systems and sensors and processing. Within this area we create advanced materials, integrated circuits, microelectronic, apertures, arrays and environmentally hardened laser electronics.
– Sensors and processing, where we innovate sensors that collect radio-frequency, electro-optic, and acoustic signals from across the electromagnetic spectrum and underwater to support a range of mission needs. We also develop adaptive, intelligent processing technologies to deal with the massive volume of sensor data to provide situational awareness, positioning, communications, counter-measures, targeting, in support of more agile response ********** part of the FAST LabsTM team you will have the opportunity to make significant contributions to initial hardware development programs as well as help to transition these initial IRAD and SDD programs to product areas. You will be part of a multi-discipline engineering team (systems, mechanical, optical, software and research scientists) collaborating on the development of next generation military systems.
The individual selected for this position will be responsible for leading a team of electrical hardware engineers in the development of complex electronic systems. The individual will be required to work in multi-discipline collaborative teams, supporting initial program efforts which may include; proposal support, program planning/costing, customer interchanges, requirement and system electrical hardware development, trade studies and definition of hardware baselines. During the program execution phases the individual will be responsible for leading the electrical/hardware design team in the design/development of prototype as well as flight hardware, conducting periodic peer reviews and customer design reviews, as well as supporting sub-system and system level integration and test efforts.
Typical Education & Experience Typically a Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experienceRequired Skills and Education
– U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain/maintain a security clearance is required
– Demonstrated leadership capabilities in team environment with strong written and verbal communication skills
– Understanding of hardware development processes with an eye toward production transition
– Working experience with lasers, receivers, sensors/cameras, and/or related IR technologies
– Solid fundamentals of digital/analog/power/mixed signal electronics and interface/communication standards
– Must be hands-on with demonstrated lab experience evaluating and troubleshooting at system level and circuit card level.
Preferred Skills and Education
– Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with 8+ years of experience OR a Master’s Degree and 6+ years of experience
– 3+ years of experience with laser, IR, and other detection and imaging technologies
– Familiar with Electrical interfaces (Ethernet, RS-422/485, LVDS, MIPI, I2C, SPI)
– Familiar with military power systems (EMI filters, DC/DC, AC/DC, Laser diode drivers, TEC controllers, PWM drivers)
– Familiar with digital hardware utilizing FPGAs, microcontrollers, and processors.
– Experience with Xilinx FPGAs and SOCs
– Design of multilayer circuit card assemblies, including flex and rigid flex PCBs
– Cadence Allegro PCB Design and Analysis Tools
– MATLAB/Simulink tools
– Control Account Management Experience
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
on Company Website
Job ID: 37652BR
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
BAE Systems is a global defence, aerospace and security company employing around 83,400 people worldwide. Our wide-ranging products and services cover air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services. We provide some of the world’s most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions and employ a skilled workforce of some 83,400 people in over 40 countries. Working with customers and local partners, we develop, engineer, manufacture and support products and systems to deliver military capability, protect national security and people and keep critical information and infrastructure secure. Contact Info
– Merrimack, NH 03054
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.