Technology drives our business. Our team is made up of talented
software engineers, infrastructure engineers, leaders and UX
professionals. We care about technology as a craft and a
differentiator. We bring our global products to market with a mix of
software, cloud, data centers, infrastructure, design and grit.
Our Product Groups:
Individual Investor building products like *************** and
mobile apps for individuals like yourself
Institutional Investor developing some of our flagship products
like Morningstar Direct for institutional investors and our Advisor
products for financial advisors
Workplace this is where we build and provide our hosted digital
advice platform for Retirement plans, 401K s, etc. (what some call
Data this is the heart of Morningstar where all data is sourced,
collected, transformed, calculated and distributed across the world
At Morningstar, helping investors is what brings us together and
drives our work. We are looking for software engineers who specialize
in Java and the JVM platform to join our team, grow with us, introduce
us to new ideas and develop products that empower our users. You will
have product ownership and responsibility for ensuring process and
quality adherence through peer reviews, code reviews, test coverage
and best practices. You will act as the software guardian, owning
non-functional requirements, architectural direction, and the quality
of the code while addressing technical debt. Every day, you ll work
with team members across disciplines developing products for
investors. You ll interact daily with our product managers to
understand our domain and create technical solutions that push us
forward. We want to work with other engineers who bring knowledge and
excitement about our opportunities. These positions are based in our
* Build well designed, well engineered, stable, scalable products
across a variety of markets
* Architect and develop highly scalable Java based API s using
* Enforce good Agile practices (using JIRA) including test-driven
development and continuous integration.
* Apply DevOps practices in area of continuous and automated
* Analyze and remediate production issues, and build instrumentation
and operational readiness into the systems architecture.
* Solve investors problems with technology, understanding market
chaos at work and crafting technically appropriate interactive
experiences to communicate effectively with individual investors.
* Be passionate about quality, process, programming, and investing
in general, seeing opportunities for improvement, seizing them,
and then sharing your findings with others.
* Familiarity or desire to become an AWS certified developer
* Take ownership of the success of the team with a "gets things
done" attitude; the ability to understand and leverage new
technologies, potentially wearing many hats including business
analyst, DBA, QA, and project manager.
* Help to shape product vision.
* A bachelor’s in Computer Science or related, plus 5 years of
experience leading software application development.
* Experience scaling web-based software applications and services to
100M monthly requests.
* Experience with functional programming concepts & reactive design.
* Experience with Agile methodology and tools like JIRA.
* An understanding of how to protect web applications from common
* Be organized and able to remain productive even when you have
* Experience with Java, Linux, and Tomcat, as well as experience
with full-stack web development.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.