Lead Java FSE
Cognizant’s Digital Engineering practice is seeking a highly qualified Java lead with experience developing and building high-performing, scalable, enterprise applications. You will be part of a digital software team that works on high-demand applications. Our engineers have a passion for high-quality, reliable and maintainable code. You will work side by side with product managers, designers, and clients, making decisions together in order to quickly deliver valuable working software to clients and their users. Our engineers are agile and retrospective, and not afraid to identify what we’re doing wrong, so we can fix it, and what we’re doing right, so we can improve on it. Above all, we judge success by the success of our team and the happiness of our customers.
Cognizant Digital Engineering If you’re like us, you’ve got big ideas. At Cognizant, we’re exploring new ideas every day. We help industry leading companies reinvent their business models and innovate products that create new value—by connecting people with things, insights and experiences. Cognizant digital engineering designs, engineers and delivers digital products and experiences that drive digital-first business models. We offer the most comprehensive digital engineering expertise and client-centric methodology for sustainable innovation.
Location: Minneapolis, MN
You must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Implement and deploy API solutions while demonstrating expertise in a number of areas including cloud computing, API design and development,?
- Supports projects and design recommendations that span the entire infrastructure.?
- Contributes to creating strategy and evolvable systems, including guidelines, standards, and policies.?
- Collaborates with business leaders to help define business strategy and align creative information technology systems architecture to support the strategy. This requires a high degree of interaction with business and operations units to understand the functional needs of the system users as well as the various technology teams, both within and outside of US Bank.??
- Should be responsible for status reporting and build releases.?
- 8 to 12 years of overall experience.
- Should have 7+ years of experience and banking domain experience is mandatory
Strong object-oriented programming and design skills?and 3 years lead experience.?
- Strong Java / J2EE, Spring and Spring Boot professional experience??
- Experience building APIs and Restful services, cloud messaging, ground-to-cloud connectivity, highly scalable distributed systems.???
- Strong analytical skills and ability to review code.??
- Experience with Cassandra, NoSQL databases and API Gateways is a strong plus????
- Experience with version control systems (e.g. Git) and Dev Ops?
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal??
- Excellent knowledge on automated unit testing??
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills??
- Able to work well individually as well as in a highly collaborative team??
- Ability to lead a team of developers and drive high quality deliverables??
- Agile development experience??
Why Choose Cognizant?
It takes a lot to succeed in today’s fast-paced market, and Cognizant Technology Solutions has become a leader in the industry. We love big ideas and even bigger dreams! We stand out because we put human experiences at the core. Our associates enjoy robust benefits and training opportunities from our industry-recognized, award-winning Academy team. You will have access to hundreds of technical trainings to keep your skillsets fresh and have opportunities to acquire certifications on the newest technologies.
Everything we do at Cognizant we do with passion—for our clients (fortune 100 companies), our communities, and our organization. It’s the defining attribute that we look for in our people.
If you love ambiguity, excited by change, and excel through autonomy, we’d love to hear from you!
About Cognizant Digital Engineering
Well-designed software transcends digital technology, going beyond the fulfillment of basic requirements to focus instead on human needs. Within Cognizant Digital Engineering, we help clients develop software products that transform human insights into tangible, production-ready digital solutions. We also work with our clients to scale their native cloud applications. Using insights from the lived experiences of our consumers, we seamlessly replace traditional service strategies with engaging, precise, and direct digital applications. Designing phenomenal software is vital to success in the digital economy—and we understand that a human-centric approach is key to this design.
Headquartered in the U.S, Cognizant is a member of the S&P-500, Nasdaq-100, Fortune 200, and was recently ranked as the #1 Fastest Growing “All Star” by Fortune Magazine. Cognizant uses a highly flexible business model, a detailed global delivery network, and deep domain expertise to deliver to a long list of best-in-class companies that are leaders in their own space.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to demonstrate the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to quality instilled in them through participation in military service.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer provider and committed to creating a diverse environment. Cognizant considers all applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, and marital status, disabilities, sexual orientation or preference, veteran status, or any other classification protected by state, federal, or local law.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : May 03 2023
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Applicants may be required to attend interviews in person or by video conference. In addition, candidates may be required to present their current state or government issued ID during each interview.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.