Cognizant is one of the world's leading professional services companies, redefining clients' business, operating, and technology models for the digital era. Our outstanding industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build, and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant, member of the NASDAQ-100, is ranked 195 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com.
At Cognizant, a small multi-functional team comprised of a Product Manager, an Architect, Full-Stack Developers, UI/UX designers and analysts builds higher quality software faster siloed individuals working independently. Small, forward-thinking engineering teams generate collective emotional intelligence and comradery, thus increasing their ability to anticipate unforeseen development scope changes and maintain high quality work. Across our US Studio system or within client development sites, our Digital Engineering teams conceptualize and develop innovative cloud-based solutions following a Lean-Agile process with DevOps culture. Working in Cognizant Digital Engineering provides DevOps engineers consistent opportunities to push digital boundaries while growing their exposure to ground-breaking technologies.
Cognizant is looking for an expert and innovative Lead Java Full Stack Developer to serve our diverse base of global clients. As a member of our team, you will build innovative, cloud-based software that powers modern business. An ideal candidate is someone who enjoys working in a diverse, collaborative, geographically distributed team. Similarly, the candidate is an experienced engineer who values the “team”, drives continuous improvement and is unafraid to challenge the legacy status quo with creative cloud-based solutions.
- Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in new/revised applications or large/complex development projects.
- Work efficiently and collaboratively in an Agile (Scrum or Kanban) team environment.
- Responsible for design and delivery of high-quality features that stays in sync with standards.
- Mentors junior programmers and others on coding standards and performs code reviews
- Provides on call support and supervises the system and identifies system deficiencies.
- Create a culture of diversity, equality, inclusion, and respect for team members.
- To ensure teams make progress establishing project specifications and technical direction.
- Being responsible for software quality and system modifications.
- Guiding team members with fixing technical issues.
- Analyzing existing operations to identify risks and redundancies.
- 8+ years’ experience.
- Strong development experience in Java/J2EE.
- Advanced proficiency in coding in Java 8, Spring Boot technologies (Spring MVC, Spring Security) as well as unit testing/Mockito experience.
- Strong experience in GUI development, including ReactJS /angular 2 with related libraries like Material Kendo, NGX Bootstrap and Redux NgRx.
- Proficiency in Rules engine such as Drools.
- Hands-on experience in Microservices, RESTful Web Services development in Java (Spring Boot), RESTful SOAP.
- Hands-on experience in system design, application development, testing and operational stability.
- Competent in distributed systems design and implementation.
- Experience with Object-Oriented Design and test-driven development.
Salary and Other Compensation:
The annual salary depends on experience and other qualifications of the successful candidate.
This position is also eligible for Cognizant’s discretionary annual incentive program, based on performance and subject to the terms of Cognizant’s applicable plans.
Benefits: Cognizant offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid holidays plus Paid Time Off
- 401(k) plan and contributions
- Long-term/Short-term Disability
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Disclaimer: The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. Cognizant reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Nov 16 2023
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Applicants may be required to attend interviews in person or by video conference. In addition, candidates may be required to present their current state or government issued ID during each interview.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.