Zurich North America IT is looking for a Lead .NET Application Developer to join their team. You will be helping lead the modernization of our core commercial insurance applications as well as supporting our existing applications on the path to modernization. You will analyze existing applications and customer needs to design, document, test, and develop software as required, whether individually or as part of an Agile team. You will also oversee the technical designs of our vendors by helping them understand the requirements to come up with an optimal estimate of the work. You will need to know the in’s and outs of Microsoft .NET technologies such as: .NET Core, C#, Blazor, .NET Framework on Azure and also be knowledgeable about some of the older technologies: ASP.NET and VB6 (Yes, we still have some of these). You will need to be proficient in modern DevSecOps technology stack.
Key accountabilities include:
- Hands on coding and quality checks of program code, test plans/results, related objects, and documentation
- Respond to Production Support issues if needed
- Analyze programs to ensure that they efficient, recommends appropriate changes as necessary
- Conduct preliminary estimates / Rough Order of Magnitude for the level of effort of new/change to application functionality
- Monitor and audit the work of junior staff, as necessary, to ensure that it meets installation standards, design specifications, efficiency, and accuracy.
- Design and develop documentation of proposed procedures and systems.
- Perform preliminary evaluation of packaged software.
- Support the implementation activities, troubleshoots system environmental issues, provides training, as required.
- Bachelor's Degree and 5 or more years of experience in the Software Programming Applications area, OR
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 8 or more years of experience in the Software Programming Applications area OR
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 5 or more years of experience in the Software Programming Applications area
- Experience assisting with design, coding, benchmark testing, debugging and documentation of programs
- Experience working with multiple phases of software systems programming applications
- Technical experience in Microsoft technologies and DevSecOps tools and best practices
- Advanced: Visual Studio, .NET Core, REST JSON API’s, XML/SOAP API’s, Mulesoft
- Intermediate: Jira, Kubernetes, Veracode, GIT/Bitbucket, Dynatrace, Postman, SQL Server, VB6
- 8 years of experience in financial/banking or a similar highly regulated industry, having insurance Industry experience is a solid plus
- Experience leading a group of developers in a highly matrixed organization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Certifications in Microsoft Technologies
- Working experience within Agile framework
As a condition of employment at Zurich, employees must adhere to our COVID-related health and safety protocols (https://www.zurichna.com/careers/faq), including, without limitation, a requirement that employees attest as to their vaccination status with a YES/NO, and upload proof of vaccination status, or negative COVID test results when allowable, to a third-party vendor. These are continuously re-evaluated and the requirements may change at any time.
A future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation. Please click here to learn more.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vet
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Location(s): AM – Schaumburg
Remote Working: No
Schedule: Full Time
Linkedin Recruiter Tag: #LI-RD1
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.