Requisition ID 2017-32871
# of Openings 2
Job Function Information Technology
Security Clearance Level Top Secret/SCI
Full/Part Time Full Time
Position Title: Lead Technician, Network – Network Administrator (L3)
Location: Fort Belvoir, VA
Up To 8K Sign On Bonus!
GDIT is seeking candidates to support the US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM). Under the I2TS 3 task order, INSCOM ensures reliable, uninterrupted availability of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Information Management (C4IM) including: networks, hardware, software, engineering, and specialized tools at the point of customer need to support INSCOM’s mission. INSCOM and its MSCs provide the enabling layer to connect the Army and its tactical formations to defense and national intelligence agencies via tactical networks. The ability to provide mission critical intelligence is dependent on the successful use of its information technology (IT) networks worldwide.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
An I2TS 3 Network Administrator:
* Performs administration duties for networking hardware including routers, switches, hubs, gateways, access points, network interface cards, networking cables, network bridges, modems, ISDN adapters, firewalls and other related network hardware
* Must have firm grasp and knowledge of fiber and copper-based Ethernet technologies, capabilities and cabling and their connectivity to local and wide area networks
* Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques
* Installs and configures network hardware and software
* Provides network troubleshooting and support
* Provides technical support and training to end-users
* Administers network security
* Backs up file server data/disks
* Provides complex server maintenance
* Sets up new users and deletes old users from the network
* Troubleshoots and resolves issues with network infrastructure and/or components
Desirable Skills / Experience:
* Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network troubleshooting and support
* Comprehensive knowledge of routers, switches, patch panels, concentrators, associated terminals, and related network hardware and software
* Comprehensive knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications
* DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Computing Environment (CE) Certification as determined by the Program Manager is required prior to support on contract
* Required Security Environment Certification: CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent
* Desired Computing Environment (CE) certification: CCNA, or CCNA-Security
* TS/SCI required
* Candidates must be willing and able to attain a CI Polygraph for certain positions as determined by the contract
* Position may require lifting of objects (i.e. IT Hardware), reaching/bending/kneeling (i.e. plug in cables) and other moderately strenuous activity
* High School Diploma/GED with 10 years of related experience, or Associate’s Degree with 8 years of experience, or Bachelor’s Degree with 6 years of experience, or Master’s Degree with 4 years of experience
4-10 years of directly related experience supporting network operations.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.