Join a team of more than 30,000 team members, comprised of our Club Support Center and over 230 clubs and 7 distribution centers. We’re committed to delivering value and convenience to our Members, helping them save every day on everything they need for their families and homes. BJ’s Wholesale Club offers a collaborative, team environment where all team members can learn, grow and be themselves.
The Benefits of working at BJ’s
• BJ’s pays weekly
• Generous time off programs to support busy lifestyles*
o Vacation, Personal, Holiday, Sick, Bereavement Leave, Jury Duty
• Benefit plans for your changing needs*
o Three medical plans**, Health Reimbursement Account (HRA), Health Savings Account (HSA), two dental plans, flexible spending
*eligibility requirements vary by position
**medical plans vary by location
At BJ’s Wholesale Club the Lead Software Engineer will be responsible for the
supporting one or more product teams and contributing to the software design, development, and overall lifecycle for the product. Building scalable, reliable, secure, and reusable foundational frameworks, leveraging high development standards and best practices. In addition our Lead Engineers are expected to pair with, mentor, and coach other Engineers daily to solve complex business problems.
- Lead the design and development of complex fulfillment features
- Act as a liaison between stakeholders, product and support teams, and other engineers
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to build scalable and secure solutions.
- Work closely with product managers in the discovery phase of any projects to make sure all the engineering considerations are met.
- Mentor other engineers in the team for the success of the company and their career.
- Conduct code reviews and provide feedback
- Conduct feasibility study, POC and analysis for new integrations or complex requirements.
- Provide recommendation for best practices, operational/process efficiency
- Contribute to documenting coding and development standards, and ensure those standards are incorporated into daily development practices
- Lead the effort for tuning the application and infrastructure to get optimal performance
- Proactively monitor the production systems to identify anomalies
- Work closely with reliability engineers to solve production issues.
- Foster a culture of innovation and growth
- Advocate new technologies and ideas for adding value to the business.
- 7+ years of active, hands-on, development experience
- Experience with back-end development using JAVA/Spring Boot, and other open-source technologies
- Experience working in/with micro services architecture, cloud native architecture, and test-driven development.
- Experience with hands on development working with Spring Boot Microservices.
- Exposure to IBM Sterling Order Management Software
- Experience working directly with/on Inventory services/systems; with understanding of retail inventory concepts and calculations
- Experience working with sales/fulfillment applications and fraud, payment, and financial integrations
- Experience with design and development of HIPAA, PCI, PII compliant systems/solutions/services a plus
- Experience building integrations and feeds to 3rd party providers and internal consuming systems
- Experience with order management capabilities such as: Ship-to-home, ship-from-store, ship-to-store, pickup in-store, curbside, and reverse logistics
- Experience with database technologies DB2, Dynamo DB, Redshift, MySQL
- Experience with cloud technology (AWS/GCP/Azure)
- Experience with batch processing using Spring Batch and streaming solutions like KAFKA
- Exposure to various performance monitoring tools.
- Experience with various tools to enable CI/CD(Jenkins/Bamboo)
- Hands-on, execution-oriented, and capable of getting things done quickly
- Ability to work in a Product Team model, in a fast-paced, flexible, Agile environment
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug issues in timebound manner
- Strong Oral and Written Communication
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent work ethic, with a strong determination to accept new challenges
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.