Requisition Number: SS-13773
Area of Interest: Information Technology
Brand/Division: Shared Services
Position Type: Full-time
About the Team
The Williams-Sonoma ECommerce Engineering organization is seeking an energetic and talented Lead Software Engineer to help deliver high value, high-quality features to our industry-leading eCommerce sites. At Williams-Sonoma, we build 6 of the retail industry’s leading websites Williams-Sonoma, west elm, Mark and Graham and the Pottery Barn family. Engineers working at WSI get to work full-stack, extending our beautiful front-end user experience all the way through to enterprise services that support personalization, order management, and other server-side features.
About the Role
As a Lead Software Engineer in the E-commerce organization, you’ll join a Scrum team building features and automated tests of those features. You’ll work closely with other engineers and Product Managers to understand user stories and develop the features.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will.
* Assist Product Managers in designing and defining new features
* Work with Architecture to craft technical designs and drive the evolution of our site architecture
* Write code that is of high quality and consistent with our coding standards
* Write automated tests of new features to ensure they are of very high quality
* Review the work of other engineers in a collegial fashion to ensure the work product is of high quality and consistent with our standards
* Lead Communities-of-Practice in those technologies in which you have an interest
* Participate in, and lead, continuous education programs to grow your skills both technically and in the Williams-Sonoma business domain
* Serve as a member of a Scrum team and participate in all planning, stand-up and retrospective meetings
* Lead by example and mentor more junior engineers through your professionalism and dedication to craftsmanship in the creation of software
Why you will love working at Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
* We’re a successful, fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial vibe
* A technologically and data-driven business
* Competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
* We’re at the forefront of tech and retail, redefining technology for the next generation
* We’re passionate about our internal and external clients and live/breathe the client experience
* We get to be creative on a daily basis
* A smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
* We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
* We have fun!
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Technical Competencies required:
* A Bachelor’s /Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
* A minimum of 5-8 years’ industry experience
* Highly skilled in Java
* 2+ years’ experience using Spring Framework and dependency injection
* 2+ years’ experience with Object Oriented Design
* Experience with relational database systems (Oracle or MySQL) and NoSQL (we use Cassandra)
* An understanding of, and ability to write, automated tests
* An understanding of Web Services, particularly REST
* Working familiarity with Web Technologies, Protocols, and Security
* Experience with high-traffic, large-scale distributed systems and n-tiered architectures
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
About Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the home. Our family of brands includes Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, West Elm, Williams-Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, and Mark and Graham. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room, and even outdoor spaces. We’ve seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn’t changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. In 2017, we acquired Outward, Inc., a 3-D imaging and augmented reality platform for the home furnishings and dcor industry. Today, we’re a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing – and we’re always looking for new energy and ideas.
Once you are here, you can look forward to a wide variety of benefits. Our corporate vision – to enhance our customers’ quality of life at home – extends to the lives of our associates. To that end, we offer an extensive benefits package designed to help you grow, personally and professionally, to keep you healthy, to prepare you for the unexpected, to care for your family and to build a secure future. Depending on your position and your location, here’s a look at what you might be eligible for:
* A generous discount on all Williams Sonoma Inc. brands through multiple shopping channels
* A 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
* Paid vacations, holidays and other time-off programs
* Health benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance; health and dependent care tax-free spending accounts; medical, family and bereavement leave; same-sex domestic partner benefits; short- and long-term disability programs; life and travel insurance; an employee assistance program
* Tax-free commuter benefits
* A wellness program that supports your physical, financial and emotional health
* In-person and online learning opportunities through WSI University, LearnIt and AcademyX
* Cross-brand and cross-function career opportunities
* Quarterly sample sales
* A business casual work environment
* A bike share program
* Time off to volunteer
* Matching donations to qualifying nonprofit organizations
* Company-sponsored walks and runs
* Healthy, organic options in the cafeteria and an awesome salad bar
* Discounts on nearby gyms and other local businesses
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.
Nearest Major Market: Sacramento
Job Segment: Developer, Engineer, Software Engineer, Java, Retail Sales, Technology, Engineering, Retail
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.