At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to modernize the nations housing finance system while being part of an inclusive team using new, emerging technologies. Here, you will help lead our industry forward, enhance your technical expertise, and make your career.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
As a valued colleague on our team, you will act as a team lead in the designing, producing, testing, or implementing software, technology, or processes, as well as lead processes for creating and maintaining IT architecture, large scale data stores, and cloud-based systems.
The Lead Software Engineer role will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Independently determine the needs of the customer while identifying and resolving conflicting or complementary needs across customer groups.
- Applying advanced skill, knowledge and experience, design and develop software solutions to meet customer needs.
- Use a process-driven approach to leading design solutions.
- Implement new software technology and coordinate simultaneous implementation tasks across teams.
- May maintain or oversee the maintenance of existing software.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
Minimum Required Experiences:
- 4 year
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Python 3
- Java 1.8, Java 11
- Database. SQL, Familiar with DB Schema design and both Relational and NoSQL database
- Scripting language. Bash shell script preferred.
- Documentation of relative issues and debugging skills.
- Product Testing including testing and evaluating software, usability testing, UAT, and using relevant product testing technology
- Experience defining and managing changes to documents, code, computer programs, websites, and other files to enable collaboration and ensure teams are working from the latest version
- Communication including communicating in writing or verbally, copywriting, planning and distributing communication, etc.
- Skilled in documentation and database reporting for the purposes of analysis, data discovery, and decision-making
- Expertise in service management concepts for networks and related standards such as ITIL practices or SDLC
In response to COVID-19, Fannie Mae has adapted our workplace and hiring processes to better safeguard our employees, candidates, and new hires. We understand that this is an unprecedented situation and Fannie Mae is committed to creating protocols for these processes that are agile and conform with federal, state, and local health administration guidance. While the company's operating status for on-site work is currently voluntary, the majority of Fannie Mae's workforce is remote until further notice. We continue to conduct all interviews and onboarding virtually. In addition, all employees who wish to come on site must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and enter their vaccination information into a confidential HR system before arriving at the facility, unless they have an approved accommodation. Click here to go directly to information about accommodations.
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at careers.fanniemae.com.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.